Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just ordered a Tungsten Silver High Up!. I'm a driving instructor so will be using the car for teaching. I'm really looking forwards to owning the car, and from what I have read so far this is a great forum.

Another Scottish owner to be!

Edited by: marchag

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi marchag,

the up! as a "teaching car"?!

I made my licence (in Germany) 30 years ago.
We were still allowed to drive cars with automatic gearbox while the test but driving a car with manual gearbox later. Nowadays you have to drive manual gearbox in Germany while the test if you want to drive manual later ...

So you get a second set of pedals in your up!?

Is it allowed to use any driving and parking assistent nowadays?
Or do they have to be off?

Have a lot of fun with your Tungsten Silver up!!
Your learners should love it, too!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
another Scottish UP!....excellent,

up makes an ideal learning car, My eldest son learned in mine.....light controls, accurate steering, great all-round vision....ideal! perhaps the city braking option might be a good idea

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

Cadfael, dual controls will get fitted at the dealer, car should be in and ready in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the feedback, Privatedoc - they are the features that drew me to it, plus the tardis like space inside compared to outside. I did consider the city braking option, but decided that's probably what I am supposed to do!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thing is, multiple bad things can happen at the same time, so while you're dealing with one issue, the city breaking could prevent another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts