Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hello dornelles,

And best greetings to Brazil from Germany (no matter what will haven in 5 hours!) .

In Germany it has been raining all day an we have 17°C. Not the best conditions for public vieving ...

Your up!:
You have the same red dash and the same "Salsa" seats like I have in my (black) up!

I really love the red dash and the Salsa seats.

Your "Racing up!" looks great! A bit like the British "Rock up! ...

Don't know why the European up! doesn't have the indicators in the mirrors. Looks much better!

Enjoy your up!
(and don't care about your English too much! I have learnt that most English don't like to speak foreign languages - but they don't care if foreigners make mistakes speaking their mother tongue)

Let the better fottball team win today ...
Andreas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Cadfael, thank you for the warm welcome, I really think that the best indicator is in the mirrors.

These stickers are original factory, but I'm thinking of removing the writings "RACING" and leave only the black bands. Anyway so I'll leave for now.

In Brazil, the choice of seat model implies the clear finish of the panel that personally I do not like, but as this car was testdrive at the dealership where I work (Yes, I am an employee of a Volkswagen dealership) and I bought it 6 months use and rotated 3000 kilometers, I could not choose the internal Finishing. Fortunately the red seats combine with the red car, it pleased me but i prefer the black panel below the red panel.

Thanks again.

Let the better fottball team win today ...

Eduardo

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Edurdo,

here is a photo of my black up ...

You see that we have white handles in the door (at the moment) while your's are black.
But you have driver and passanger window lift-up at your driver's side (which European up!s don't have! Many Germans moan that the up! Brazil is better in such details!

My black doors (as it is black outside) let the red dash look a bit different and highlight it even more. On rainy days like today or on winter mornings it is much nicer looking onto a red dash instead of a gray dash ...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome to the forum dorneeles00

Very smart I like the stripes on the bottom of the doors and the wind down rear windows are a lot better than the hinged windows we get in the UK.

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hidornelles! Here a fellow from argentina! First of all, "tell me how it feels..." Nahh, just kidding :D Wish you all the luck today, I want to see you against us at the final! That would be awesome.

What a NICE car you have there! Love the original racing lines. Do not remove the racing stickers, keep it original so the value doesn't drop!! Those lines aren't cheap thats for sure.

I'm also waiting my High Up!, red as yours! In the first shipment to argentina they didn't sent any red ones so I have to wait a month or so.

About the interior, I think we only get black plastics here, that's a relief for me as I do not like at all the withe interior, it gives me headaches :p I love your floor mats and the key cover, I'm going to buy them as well.

Cadfael, you Sir have the eye of an Eagle!I would never have spotted that black handle. That's how automakers save money in the Mercosur. You see, the same happened with my VW Gol; the first versions came very complete, but along the years they removed basic things such as engine covers, bonnet insonorization, cabin air filters, 3rd stop light, and so on. I had to add them all one by one by myself. At leas that handle is not so bad, I bet they dind't have enough time to order white ones, who knows.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Hambert,

Desktop Publishing and Image Processing are part of my job.

No, It has nothing to do with "cheap Brazil"!
VW Germany also had the black ones! Maybe because hands can be dirty???

Ooops!
Germany has a brand new config system for the up!

AND my RED DASH is no longer available for a black up!

So, my up! colour combination seems to get very rare???
Only black dash for a black up! with Salsa seats now ...

@ dornelles: Sorry!
This is not what I meant about letting the "better team win"!

35 minutes played now and ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
75 Posts
Haha, nah, not "cheap", I didn't mean that either. Of course they're good quality as te rest of the car. VW simply saved some money making just one type of handle instead of one black and one white (making different stuff is what makes the majority of the costs in mass production industries).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Hambert,

I don't think the reason was saving money (less different parts, less storage, easyer compilation)!
It has practical reasons (dirty fingers) and also design reasons to "set some black spots"!

I had a look today in my up! and I wished mine were black and not beige (like in dornelles up!) ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am truly ashamed to post up today. The game yesterday was humbling Brazil, Brazil did not play anything and Germany squandered technique, nothing that had not been foreseen, Brazil was not a good campaign and until that moment had not faced a tough opponent. Anyway, the German victory was more than deserved, not only wish it had been so ugly to Brazil. I sincerely hope face Argentina in the match for third place, but not to win, but to lose again and end this myth that Brazil is always a favorite, so maybe players from Brazil get off your high horse and try harder as team.

Returning the the topic, my next modifications will be painting the wheels of matte black and lower the car a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts