Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Will be receiving my Tungsten High Up towards the end of the month (cant wait), and was wondering how many speakers come as standard? I didn't think to look at sound options when i drove it.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by: GaryBaldi

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
only 2 and rather crappy too....getting the sound pack ups this to 6

worry not...upgrades are possible, I have the sound pack but even then, swapped the two front door speakers for coaxial aftermarket ones.....plenty of info on the forum

·
Registered
851 Posts
The high up comes with sound pack as standard nowadays. I have speakers in the front doors, in the A pillars and in the side mouldings behind - presumably the rear doors on the 5 door variant.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dab option also gives you the 6 speakers. Only had our Up! 2 weeks and sound quality is good.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ahh, my bad.....ok, sound pack is perfectly acceptable.....I improved mine by putting co-axial speakers in the front doors AND keeping the VW tweters too.......better sound all round but for what its worth, the sound pack is more than adequate

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've improved mine to.got some cotton wool .

·
Registered
149 Posts
GaryBaldi said:
Ok thats good, thanks for the info. This is my first car and cant wait to drive it!
Rather nice motor for a first car!! You'll love it.

The speaker count on the up! was too meagre. Lovely to have the vw badge although the Seat Mii comes with 6 speakers as standard on all models and it sounds fine. I won't be touching any of the speakers to upgrade them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Makes sense doesn't stop it working ,you can still listen ,mines fine ,you get what you pay for,your not buying a Rolls Royce
phill

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Timii........don't get me wrong, the sound pack is actually very good and suits the car fine, it was a well-worth-it £100 option on my cars

Fab First Car....my first was a knackered old citroen dyane.....32 bhp of lawnmower engine with the structural integrity of a wet paper bag!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I loved my 2CV years ago - it just went on and on!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I upgraded from an old dyane to a brand new 2cv green and white, cost me £3k on the road...loved that car...drove all round scotland & even over to the isles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts