Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow afternoon I will be confirming my order for a High Up!, but I only realised today that you can now get it with BMT, so I came home to do some reading up, but haven't found much to help my decision.

I know about the extra fuel-saving features, but apart from these (tyres, stop-start, energy recovery), is it the same engine as the one I test drove in a standard High Up!, or does it have different specs or characteristics too?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Same engine apparently , need to do a fair mileage to justify extra cost...I'd have had it if they had done it in the white but sadly no

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Yes, a quick back-of-envelope maths looks like you need to do around 30k miles before the cost is recouped.

However, it will probably have a good effect on the resale value, which might just swing it for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Also the BMT pays no road tax nor congestion charges and is a different band in insurance apparently... I went for a BMT.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, I agree with your calculation - about 30k miles to break-even, so about 15 months for me.
The VW BMT package isn't as comprehensive as the one fitted as standard to the Citigo Greentec - no lowered suspension and I don't think the tyres are different to those on a 'normal' High up! - but the official fuel consumption figures are identical!
As far as I know, other than brake regeneration and Start-Stop, the BMT is the same as other High up!s. It should have a bigger battery to cope with the Start-Stop, but it's not mentioned anywhere.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It wasn't available when I choose mine, I would have gone with it for same reasons others have mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts