Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a test drive in a High Up! Identical specification to the one I have ordered. It is brilliant! The engine is great and the standard alloys look amazing.

Maps and More was not installed so I will have to wait until mine arrives to have a play.

My Up was build week 9 so I hopefully only have a few days to go.

My dealer is VW Bury in case you wanted to drive one.

RobEdited by: Guichard

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sounds good. I've also ordered a high up but have not seen one yet.
Do you think the spoke alloys will be easy to clean? I hope so... Lol.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I had a go in a Left Hand Drive move up. Its what sold the car to me. I loved it.
I normally drive a Golf, and to be honest, there seemed to be just as much room, and the ride felt the same.

The only thing I didn't like was the wheel trims. They had wide slots in that allowed you to see too much of the steel wheel. Smaller slots would be better.

All in all 9/10.

Alex.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rednaxela said:
Sounds good. I've also ordered a high up but have not seen one yet.
Do you think the spoke alloys will be easy to clean? I hope so... Lol.

When I mentioned the alloys and how good they looked, my dealer mentioned a toothbrush! Was joking, but they will need a bit of tlc to keep clean.

Rob

·
Registered
553 Posts
You can get special brushes for alloy wheels or just use a bottle brush!
Just make sure what ever brush you use is a soft one as any scratches will hold brake dust & dirt,

·
Registered
655 Posts
Best bit of advice just clean the wheels like the rest of the car using hot soapy water and a soft sponge, use a chamois leather to dry and then use Auto Glym Instant show shine, a light spray and then wipe with a cloth. Nearly all dealers use this and its on special offer 3 for 2 at Halfords at the mo. Bargain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts