Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My name is Ivo, I live in the Netherlands in a little dorm, in a suburb of Amsterdam, called Amstelveen. At the moment I am studying medicins in Amsterdam.

Me and my boyfriend Jordy - he lives in the Hague - have two cars, a Peugeot 306 Cabriolet(click for photo)for the sunny days and a VW High Up. The Peugeot is the car I use most of the time. Jordy uses the High Up! to go to work for aprox. 70 kms a day.

Config of our High Up:

Dark Silver
60 hp, bmt
5 doors
Drive package (Cruise control, PDC and Board Computer Plus)
Executive package (maps & more and climatic airconditioning)

First week I fitted in Ring Ultima Xenon bulbs, perfect white/blueish halogen bulbs that give lots and lots of light. Also mounted the original armrest between the two front seats.
After that went to garage to change VAGCOM setup:
cornering lights
anti-carjacking
changed l/100km to km/l
coming home light

To do list:
chrome indicator bulbs
LED license plate light
DRL white (no led)
Fog lights white (no led or xenon)
short antenna (Suzuki SX4 antenna)
tinted windows (back doors, will be done next week)

Some pictures:

Armrest:

We have the car now for over two weeks, until now drove 2600kms (1600 miles) with it. We're very pleased with the car, drives smootly, it is quiet inside at high speed, has good seats and great audio (6 speakers). We love the economical fuel consumption (1litre / 21kms) as well, and we're satisfied with colour pick too!

Edited by: Ivo NL

·
Registered
811 Posts
Lovely pictures, it is an excellent colour choice too.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Looks great!
What do the cornering lights and coming home lights do?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Cornering lights: if lights are turned on, if speed is lower then 30 km/h, when steering left or right, the foglight left or right turns on too. Also when waiting for traffic light with indicator on, then the foglight on that side burns too to illuminate the corner.

Coming home lights: when you just turned off your vehicle, you pull the stick for high beam, and you open the drivers door, all the lights will turn on. When you close the car with your remote, the lights automatically will turn off after 10 seconds. When you do not close the doors, the lights will automatically turn off after 30 seconds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice colour. I like the armrest...well done for your choice. Dont forget to put the autolock for the doors via the vagcom.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
autolock = anti-carjacking ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We bought this new High Up in stock for a total price of ‚¬12200 including all the extra costs, taxes & got ‚¬600 for our Peugeot 306 '98 so paid ‚¬11600. Cheapest available in Holland.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Almost same price in Greece. ‚¬12230 costs a new high up but only in 75hp. The high ups are only come with the engine of 75hp.
Your colour cost ‚¬390!! and the original parksensor about ‚¬350!! The armrest cost ‚¬250 and i can found it only in seat dealers for the mii!!!

Edited by: kbntinos

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes 12200 was including colour, parkingsensor, bluemotion, maps and more, city safe brake, and cruise control.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ivo NL said:
Yes 12200 was including colour, parkingsensor, bluemotion, maps and more, city safe brake, and cruise control.
very-very good price! If i want to buy a 3rd up (i have 2) i come to Netherland!

Edited by: kbntinos

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Armrest is now available here for 125 euros, SKODA version (same as SEAT).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its exactly the same as SEAT one. 125 euros, great buy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New photo's:

Ring Ultima Xenon and white HB4 bulbs from Ebay, 2 euros per 2 :p

:D
Edited by: Ivo NL

·
Registered
811 Posts
Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! Some nightpics with Ring Ultma Xenon bulbs & cheapass china foglights:

Hopefully the chrome indicators will arrive soon, it's terrible those orange spots haha.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Those lights are amazing, I have got Osram Nightbreakers but yours definitely look whiter in the pictures.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Soms new nights pictures, now also with chrome indicator bulbs and new drl bulbs. Both are amazing, the drls are not getting yellowish when they turn to 5w. Love it!

Very content with the results!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Very impressive indeed. I must do something with my DRLs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts