Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 5 door High Up arrived yesterday and I'm really pleased with it. Today wasn't the ideal day for my first 70 mile round trip to work, but it showed that Ups cope really well with arctic conditions - didn't get stuck once and I was able to look really smug passing all those BMW's.

As we've also got a Take Up it was interesting to compare the two - here are my first thoughts.

The heated seats are FANTASTIC when it's -2 degrees.
Maps & More is really good and intuitive. I was pleasantly surprised now easily it connects to my phone, uses voice commands streams music via bluetooth and gives all the useful information. It's the best gadget I've had in any car.
I got 54.4 mpg overall which is good for a mix of motorway and A roads. mind you I was driving more slowly than usual due to the snow.
It's only got 100 miles on the clock but at low speed it's not much different to the 60bhp Take Up. There is a big difference on the motorway though - it is much more relaxed and responsive.
The rattly gearbox is still there - it sounds just the same as the other one.
The 5 doors make a huge difference. My 6' 16 year old son fits easily in the back and says there is as much leg room as in our former Focus.
After one day on the road it is absolutely filthy - it is impossible to read the rear numberplate.

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other thing, I've noticed that the instrument markings are quite different which I found surprising - does anyone know if they have all changed or are the displays different between the two models?Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
430 Posts
We almost went for a High Up as well as the Move Up but in the end came home with a used Mk 6 Golf for the same money, mainly for the extra space and motorway capability. I do fancy changing the Move Up for a Gt in the future though as the Up in general has really grown on me!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My plan is to get an Up GT to replace the Take Up in a year or so. I've just got to persuade my wife!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Allybasher said:
One other thing, I've noticed that the instrument markings are quite different which I found surprising - does anyone know if they have all changed or are the displays different between the two models?

Yes the markings did change late last year, some say they look better, some say they look worse, I suppose it is down to personal opinion.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Of the two I actually prefer the older ones but its a very minor detail

·
Registered
583 Posts
Allybasher said:
The heated seats are FANTASTIC when it's -2 degrees.
How do the seats compare with your other up! ?
(regarding sitting comfort & support)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apart from the trim they are exactly the same so they don't feel any different. They are both perfectly comfortable for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts