Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife owns a 25/04/12 registered HIGH UP which has only covered 7500mls and just had its 2nd. VW Service on a time only service. Since purchased new from VW Ashford JCB Franchised Dealer the vehicle has been fitted with VW "TRIANGLE" ALLOY WHEELS three of which have recently been replaced suffering from "SURFACE SPIDERING & CORROSION". Replacement of 4 wheel hub caps because of corrosion has also been carried out under guarantee. A factory fitted SUN ROOF has just started to not close on 1st. attempt and sometimes requires 4-5 attempts before closing. This complaint is also being investigated under VW warranty cover. A more serious TRANSMISSION KNOCKING NOISE has developed from cold starting. Apparently VW has issued a Service Bulletin on this problem stating "this problem is nothing to worry about" however the franchise dealer has fitted a new clutch and pressure release bearing and I,m currently waiting to hear if the cold start knocking has been sorted.

Have any other HIGH UP owners experienced similar problems?

JOHN BRETT

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have been on this site since I got my up 2 years ago and this is the first I have heard of any corrosion issues with the triangle alloys. I have them myself and I have not seen this issue. I think one other person has had issue with their sunroof so it may be worth having a search of old threads.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My sunroof is fine if a little juddery on closing.I doubt it was greased at either service so I may have to do it myself. We have original spoke alloys which are holding up well but a devil to keep clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts