Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered my high up in candy white with sports(alloys, tints and sport suspension), and sound pack on the 22nd of July. Paid deposit there and then, and since have waited patiently (like many of us have) for my car.

Today I had a call front dealer saying that its a week and a half away from collection - however............hate the dreaded however! Apparently, according to my dealer, the sports pack which I placed with thE order is not available on a high up in candy white.

Now, is it just me, or is that completely bull****? I have seen many high up with sports pack and I have seen it on the online configure thingy.

I chose the car mainly due to the sports pack - has anyone got any ideas what I can do next? As I don't really want a car I haven't ordered?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Jonny.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wowwwww howd on a sec, the sports pack not available on a high up in candy white? to me that sounds as you say bull**** have you tried configuring the car on the vw website? if you can configure it there you can order it I'm sure

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It is defo the high up! You ordered and not the up white?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Of you ordered that, they should have told you there and then if it isn't available, before you paid your money.
If you don't want that car, tell them so, it's not after all the car you ordered. Tell them to get you what you want quick time, and see what they say?
I appreciate how sh*tty it must feel tho, sorry to hear about that dude :(

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Davec86 said:
Of you ordered that, they should have told you there and then if it isn't available, before you paid your money.
If you don't want that car, tell them so, it's not after all the car you ordered. Tell them to get you what you want quick time, and see what they say?
I appreciate how sh*tty it must feel tho, sorry to hear about that dude :(
I agree and also get on to vw uk and tell them whats happened

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I defiantly ordered the high up in white with sports pack, sound pack and spare wheel. Have all the original details, all itemised stating all I have ordered in black and white.

The online configure still has the sports pack available on the high up.

I've waited 14weeks for this car so far and now looks like I won't be getting my up till the new year. Quite frankly it's a joke and very annoyed :-( feel like cancelling the order but I've wanted my up for so long now.

I understand that I won't have to take that car it's not what I ordered but the thought of having to wait another 9week++++ is horrible. Do you think that I should argue the price of the car now or ask for compensation?

Thanks
Jonny

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Pffft it makes me mad how they have made a mistake not ordering it and then made excuses up!! call at vw asap and get your salesman and the manager, the names of everybody you speak to and what they say so you can tell vw uk exactly whats bin said by who!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They should let you keep that car while they wait for another one to be made with the right configuration. Speak to VW and mention that you have been lied to by the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it was a bare-faced lie which he told me about the high up not able to have the sports pack, which makes me most angry.

If he made a mistake then okay I still wouldn't be happy but I do understand mistakes happen but to lie to me and try to get me to take he wrong car he ordered wrong, makes me so much mor angry.

Crazy customer service when I'm handing over 11 and half thousand pound for a top of the range car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:- saw the dealer, he said h was going to retro fit all the sport pack when it arrives at the dealership next week.

Some concerns though; although he said it will only delay me getting the car by 1 or 2 days I'm not convinced and also how they going to pu he window tints on? With some film? Surely factor fitted tinted windows are tinted glass and not film? Also how will. Know if it really is the sport suspension they say it is?

Cheers, jonny.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I wouldn't be happy with that, but it's easy for me to say that because I done my waiting and got my up! But if I was in your postion I wouldn't know if I want to wait for a re order or weather take it and hope it's right.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's a tough decision to make.
I'm pretty sure it'd be film from the factory too, so I cat see that as an issue. Anyone with sports pack able to tell if the springs look any different, I know sometimes they're a different colour like the H&R ones.
You should see a visible difference though, with it sitting lower I'd have thought? I'd go for some kind of extra as compo too tho!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perhaps I'll put a post up somewhere on here asking anyon with the sports pack if they are able to see if the tints are in the glass or film and if there the sport suspension is a particular colour so I can check mine.

Also what sort of extra do you think I should request? U mean like mud flaps or floor mats? Or something different?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I'd go for servicing pack and mud flaps (I only say mud flaps because I got them and think they are worth having, others may not think that) I'd push for mats to see how far they will go because remember it's there fault and any complaint to vw uk will worry them I think!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will see what sort of job they will do and push for my mats and flaps and not satisfied I'll contact vw UK and see what they say.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Have you ordered leather look seat? If you have the leather pack comes with mats

1 - 20 of 20 Posts