Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have the Move Up - this should come with the ESC that should include hill assist.

The problem i am having is that i can't seem to be able to get it to work.

I stop to a standstill on hill - press brake. Then press clutch and put in first gear - let go brake - and let go clutch followed by gass.

Yet the car immediately falls backwards when i let go the break.

Now my issue is whether i do actually have the ESC or not, yet when i switch on the ingnition the TC light (traction control light) lights up and switches off. Also i have all the other features of the move UP version and i bought the move up version - accoridng to the UK website the ESC (inc hill assist) is standard in the move up version.

In the manueal it tell you that engine needs to be running "smoothly" any idea what it means. My query is anyone who used the hill assist did it work all the time? or there were times when it did not kick in?

Ken

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have to admit mines a bit hit and miss when I'm on a reallly steep hill and pressin like mad on the break then it holds it for (dont know how long for wouldnt like to say a second or 2 incase it less) but enough time! When I'm on a slight hill and I expect it to work it never does! A lot of the time I'm on ma handbreak i.e traffic lights but I feel its one of those things thats there when needed!

As for running smoothly I wonder if it means running at temperature and everything is up and running

·
Registered
37 Posts
It only works when holding the brake firmly for about 3-4 seconds, also start stop system should not be activated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As far as I am concerned mine is fine. It is probably the pressing of the brake which is causing the problem. If you bring the clutch up and release the handbrake you should find it works ok.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My stop start is never turned off and it still works fine.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine's fine. It becomes automatic after a while. gentle brake is no good, be firm with the braking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have just been out, live on a hill and did not touch the footbrake. I just lifted the clutch to biting point and let the handbrake off and the car was stationary until I gave it some throttle. Agree that the handbook says hold it on the footbrake but that goes against everything that you were taught when you learnt to drive and you would fail the driving test if you happened to do it then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts