Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is to be built week 22 and apparently will have hill hold control.

I am guessing this is to aide hill starts - is this automatic or is there some kind of button to switch on / off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No you just won't roll back on a hill automatic. It's a bit strange when you try to park by coasting but the car won't move for a few seconds. Must have anti stall as well.

·
Registered
727 Posts
upupandaway said:
My car is to be built week 22 and apparently will have hill hold control.
Then it will be the first I ever heard of an up! having it. Mine is packed with every option available and it still doesn't have hill assist.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Week 22 onwards is the build for 2013 MY cars which will include HHC on Move up! and above.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I may be in a minority here, but one of the reasons I was willing to go for an ex demo rather than keep waiting for my new car order was because I was unsure what to think about hill hold. I'm just not sure I'd want it, especially if it can't be switched off. Just think it could make me a lazy driver and I might end up taking it for granted, losing some of those normal driving 'skills'. It would be like someone who's not driven a manual transmission for years having trouble driving a manual car afterwards.

... but like I said, just my opinion.

Anyone know if hill hold in other cars can be switched off?

·
Registered
727 Posts
911sse said:
Week 22 onwards is the build for 2013 MY cars which will include HHC on Move up! and above.
Curious as to where you got this information from because not even the German VW site lists hill hold control as an option (nor standard equipment).

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Ive not heard anything about it being added either. I too go with the concensus that it would make me a lazy driver, therefore I'm glad my up! was built last week!

but for those of you who want it, thats excellent

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have a look at the price lists on the VW site (especially the P11D one) & it shows it,

·
Registered
70 Posts
HHC sounds to me like 'I can't control my car by using the engine/clutch' but I'm sure it's useful to some, perhaps I'm old fashioned I guess!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have it on my Polo and you can't switch it off. It can be stalled it just helps when you're on a hill and have set off you don't roll back. It only lasts a few seconds but you don't really know it's there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts