Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.......

I hired one of these again for the weekend (just for the ****
of it, until I get my own one very soon) exact same car as a few months
ago...only this time I got a white one.

Don't
usually like white cars but I really do like this one in white.....really stands
out!

Drove down to Carlisle yesterday just for something to do & then
back..........all in all covered around 284miles in it so far. Pulls like a
train, plenty or power & torque.

Oh, and I gave it a wash last night
before I left.

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
705 Posts
Are you intending to purchase an up!?

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's why I asked. It's odd that they need to post stories about their Golf on an up! forum.

Nick

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a forum & I think if you'd have looked properly then you'd see that I posted this in the 'chit-chat' section.
As said, this is a forum where ANYONE can post about ANYTHING.

And to the kind person who asked, yes I did order a Golf aat the end of May hence my username.

·
Registered
727 Posts
VW Golf-Fan said:
Collas said:
Are you intending to purchase an up!?
Nick
No.

You obviously missed my post on an earlier thread of yours: VW Golf build week - Question?

Now lets use some simple logic here..
If I owned a dog and had no intention of getting a cat would I post about my dog in a cat forum...???

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Alright guys, calm down. Although it is true that its a little odd to post on this forum about a golf when you are not intending to get an up at all... for instance say I was getting a golf as well as having my up, that would be a different matter.

However, you are correct in posting it in the idle chit chat section, as not being about the up. And most of us I'm sure don't mind you posting about your golf on here, but surely youll be able to talk to more people with more enthusiasm about it on a golf forum?

·
Registered
94 Posts
VW Golf-Fan said:
Oh, and I gave it a wash last night before I left.
But did you not say it's a rental??! Surely that's like staying at a hotel and cleaning your own room and washing your own dishes!
Some serious Golf love going on with you fella, just don't get bored of it before yours arrives!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If I remember correctly, the initial questions were about build lead times and transit times...while golfs are obviously not ups, we as a group are pretty well qualified to talk about waiting for product.

My view is any info we can impart is useful so live and let live....we all like ups but I actually like all quality cars and I'd firmly put the golf in that category

Ok dokey, off my soapbox now !

John

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Pardon me for saying, but I think this is the funniest discussion I have ever read on a forum! lol

·
Registered
727 Posts
willowaz said:
Alright guys, calm down. Although it is true that its a little odd to post on this forum about a golf when you are not intending to get an up at all... for instance say I was getting a golf as well as having my up, that would be a different matter.

However, you are correct in posting it in the idle chit chat section, as not being about the up.

Could you please read this aloud for us, it'll help clarify the point of this forum -->

And this is not about an up! so why isn't in off topic --> VW Golf build week - question?

If he's looking for a Golf forum there's many in the UK already: Google search of "Volkswagen Golf forum"

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I guess we're just so nice here :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Paul, I love your sense of humour but sometimes I have to cringe a bit - bad boy!!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
ZumbaQueen said:
Paul, I love your sense of humour but sometimes I have to cringe a bit - bad boy!!!!
Well.. if this was the www.volkswagenownersclub.co.uk he'd be more than welcome to talk about his Golf but it's not. If he owned a Golf (and an up!), sure, that's what the off topic area is for but.. if it's only a Golf he wants then he should go to a Golf specific forum.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My feelings are, welcome him, let him talk about his Golf (I wouldn't say no to a Golf or a Beetle, if I wanted higher insurance, higher running costs, higher tax and a much inflated purchase cost) but I did wonder why he needed to a) wash a hire car and b) post photos of it. But each to their own

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
vwild1 said:
Could you please read this aloud for us, it'll help clarify the point of this forum -->

And this is not about an up! so why isn't in off topic --> VW Golf build week - question?

If he's looking for a Golf forum there's many in the UK already: Google search of "Volkswagen Golf forum"
please note my previous post where I actually pointed out that a golf forum might be better.

And idle chit chat is the same as off topic, so I wont be moving the post.

He is not disputing the fact that the up is a very good car, he is not dismissing the up and he is talking about another VW, therefore he is welcome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.