Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That is so upsetting. Same thing happened to my wife a few months ago. It cost her the excess and has knocked her no claim bonus back to three years. Hope you get it sorted ok.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bad times... same thing happened when we had the polo few years ago.

Hope you get it sorted. Sometimes worth doing outside of insurance but with the warrenty on the car should it go to vw?

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's horrible. My up! Had a similar encounter in a private carpark two weeks ago, also with an unknown white vehicle. It added insult to injury to have to pay for the repairs myself ( high excess due to being my first own insurance after years of driving fleet insured cars). It helped me though to get it repaired to its former pristine self as I seethed every time that I looked at the bump. Hope you get your up restored soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thats awful. The person thats done that knows they have, we all occasionally make mistakes but to do a runner is terrible.

Any CCTV from the retail park? Your ticket, or till receipts , will tell them when to look. Might be worth a call, you might be lucky.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A wee update:

CCTV not conclusive so not sure if insurance / Police will be able to identify the driver who drove into the UP!

Cost to repair over £1500 so will have to go down the insurance route on this anyway.

UP! really in the bad books just now as it decided not to start today :( Turns over but does not fire. Waiting for VW road-side assistance to have a look at it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
NightBlue said:
A wee update:

CCTV not conclusive so not sure if insurance / Police will be able to identify the driver who drove into the UP!
Ooh, thats a shame.

And "ouch!" on the bill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts