Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new up! should have arrived at the dealers today ready for me to collect on Friday, the only problem I have at the moment is that for the last few weeks I have been carless, (my M Sport went weeks ago) and I have been using my bike or my wife's brand new Toyota Yaris which I have to say is a lovely car. Just been out in it tonight, 600 miles on the clock and it is as smooth as silk, Hope I have bought the right car, begining to have a few doubts when I read about all the problems you guys have had. This is our fourth problem free Toyota, hope the up! will be the first of many VW's and not a disaster

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Worry not.....both ours are perfect, if you just stick to the forum you will think there are a lot of problems but remember this forum is a tiny subset of owners and then generally ones who are especially critical

My sister has a new yaris, she loves it but its a whole different feel/experience to the up, ...horses for courses I suppose

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, I'm sure your right, only three more sleepless nights to go and I am really looking forward to it. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm one of the ones who've had a few problems but they've done a good job of sorting them and I've always had a nice brand new car while they've fixed it. Plus I STILL LOVE MY UP! It really is a great little car, don't worry!

·
Registered
261 Posts
No negative Vibes allowed Dekka! Worry not methinks - sorta have a lot in common cos we're waiting for our Up! Black... and we had a 1st generation Yaris T Spirit D4D for 8 years from new... great lil car - frugal, bloody nippy and not a flicker reliability wise during that time. Passed her on to our son for a year and he loved the economy aspect but suppose not the right image for a 25 yr old so sold on while she still had value. ( £3000 trade in - not bad for a 54 plate!)Afraid wife not too keen on the 'new' 2nd/3rd gen Yarii and after living with a fiat 500 for a year it wasnt difficult to change her mind to Up!Grade to VW quality again ( had a Bora for 4 blissful years )
Im sure on friday you will be driving away with smile on your face as big as the one on the front of an Up!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The up is a great car! I've had no problems st all! a great gearbox, no misting Windows no ratteling sounds. It is just perfect. Do not worry,

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have also had no issues (except one minor adjustment on the headlights)
I love my up! I've had a good look round it and I am more than happy with the build quality etc.

I drive a golf around as our family car as well, and I still prefer the little up as its fun and doesn't seem to be small at all when your ount on the roads...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The only Problem I had was my PURE white car had a CANDY white filler flap....quickly sorted by the dealer ...service, esp if an independent VW dealer seems very good........avoid the big cartels would be my advice....esp the big one in Scotland ........don't bother asking Arnold !

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Mine is perfect too :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts