Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my order tracker jumped to "in build" to "build week confirmed" for a day and now its "in transit"

does anyone else get reminded of the habbo hotel style pixel art that VW use? how.. cute.

Since I ordered my up, I have been made redundant, looked at other jobs with a personal company car (no up! use) Now I have found another job and am spending about £100 a week in petrol. hopefully that will be less with my new up!

how long would my typical wait be now?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What was your build week? Assuming that all things are equal, the wait is usually about 4 weeks once in transit as far as I understand...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I just checked and mine has also just changed to in transit... yesterday it was still in building stage! :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
tom said:

does anyone else get reminded of the habbo hotel style pixel art that VW use? how.. cute.

Cute..? more like sad that they need to show a picture of a vehicle inside of a metal container because there maybe be people out there who don't understand the term "In transit"..!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
great news

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea what my build week was, noone told me. I assumed it was being built for those few weeks of build time and then it went to build week confirmed which was confusing..

·
Registered
727 Posts
tom said:
I have no idea what my build week was, noone told me.

My salesman called me up to tell me when the build week was but then he told me the news that really interested me, the expected delivery date..!! As you can guess I quickly forgot what he said about build week.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still waiting for my VIN number, service schedule and terms of conditions for the fixed price service plan from my dealer. they have had at least 4 weeks and nothing but promises.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I am sure my salesman would not have told me what my build week was if I hadn't asked

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Tom,

The dealer has access to a system which will have all the details about VIN numbers etc. As well as additional info on the car's spec, it tells them which UK port it is due to arrive at, when it arrives they will have confirmation of the date it is booked into the port's compound. I don't think they get much warning of the delivery to dealer from the delivery company, though - due to the need to fill the transporters to capacity.

How do I know the above - because my dealer has been emailing a screen print of the details they have on my car every 2 weeks since mid-June and a post card in between.

If you want more info - give your dealer a nudge.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looks like a few us us will be getting them in the next few weeks :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Exciting...there will be a swarm of ups on sept 1st!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts