Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cool, I'll have a look.We have our own range of springs made for us on another model of vw so might be worth looking into some -60mm springs for the up ?????

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe they are H&R 35mm springs but with cut down rears. Mini 17" rims and the roof is the nicest touch, wrapped in leather effect. Saw this at AllTypes too, we know the owner of the golf in these pics you see.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Saw this at the show and it looked really good! Simpy told us it was yours and it clicked from the site, you've done a really good job!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, I was just parked out in the entrance car park as we didn't camp, besides yours would have shown mine up lol!
I'm booking mine in to be lowered next week, Simpy mentioned your springs were only 35mm H&R's but have you cut them down? I don't want to go too low but yours looked really good!
Simpy was going on about how good yours looked the whole time I was talking to him lol.
P.S where did you get your roof done?! It finished the car off perfectly!Edited by: FreyaMx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Haha don't be daft! Ah right have you bought the springs from awesome? Yea they were originally -35mm H&Rs but there was some modification and welding involved to get it sat like it is. Until coilies come out then it was the only way I could do it other than air but ground clearance isn't really an issue on these so no need for that!(save a few quid too).
I did the roof myself, I run a wrapping business in Bury.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No, I haven't bought them the place I'm taking the car to fit has ordered them and is sorting all that as I'm getting Eibach instead.. I was advised they were a comfier ride than H&R's not that I think there will be much difference realistically! Did you just modify the rears if you don't mind me asking? I'm just trying to get an idea of what's going to be needed!
Oo, that makes my next question a little bit cheeky.. Would you contemplate doing it on someone else's up?.. I was thinking of having mine done but gloss black.. Edited by: FreyaMx

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wouldn't say there'd be a noticeable difference either tbh. I had to mess with both front and rear as 35mm wasn't enough for me, but it did sit nicely with a 35mm drop and looked sportier. Id do your roof but would probably ask you to choose a different material! There's loads of others to choose from

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ah I see, I'll probably just stick to the 35mm to begin with and see how I get on, maybe see when coil overs are available and decide then if I want it lower!
I was thinking shiny black anyway as I don't have the satin black bits eg; mirrors, handles etc to match!
How much do you charge for something like that? Roughly at least?
Edited by: FreyaMx

·
Registered
58 Posts
That car looks cool neil !!!

Just a note if anybody wants H&R springs we can match Awesomes price and offer a up forum members discount of 10% off that price.

I'm still trying to get the website up and running bur pm me if you want to take us up! on the offer.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts