Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question to most of you but I was just wondering how do you go about registering your M+M unit?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi zimbo,

You have got a small booklet with 80% / 50% codes?
On one of the next pages is a link where to download Garmin "Fresh" ...

Install Garmin Fresh on your computer.
Connect your M&M via the USB cable.

There will be a screen or menu how to register (to use functions) ...

If you have already installed some things (Bluetooth etc) ...
The firmware update deletes this. But you know how to fill it out again. I don't think your Garmin already has the latest firmware update because it is two or three weeks old.

You also find the maps and some add ons in Garmin Fresh ...
The link is in the booklet ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Cadfael

Thats me registered my name address etc now. Dont need to update my Garmin as it apparently already has the latest update installed already

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Oh?!
You have firmware 7.14.11 and mapsQ2/2014 on?

I don't have paypal but a collague of mine ...
So, I installed Garmin Fresh at work (which is no problem there), connected my M&M, ordered the 2 years update for 80% off and my colleague filled in his Paypal data.

Don't know if the UK version has these too?
But did you see that there are some add-ons for free like "first aid", "up!Beamlights", up!Notes" ...

You can also rename your M&M with the software!
I entered the numberplate. If the M%M gets stolen, this MIGHT be a chance to get it back.

I made a thread how to make individual start screens ...
Funny thing: Even after the firmware update which deleted many things, my individual screen was still there - and I have my numberplate on the start screen! A thief has to know what to do, to get rid of this start screen. Simply selling it means, that a buyer might find my car plate ...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once I have a bit more free time I will have a better look at things and see whats possible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts