Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the posts most people seem to be very pleased with their UP!s.
They haven't reached cult status yet ..... but one day perhaps !

I wondered how long you all planned to keep them.

Is it a stop gap until you can afford something bigger ?
Are you pleased with it and have no plans to change ?
Are you planning to upgrade with another UP!?

I am very happy with mine, it's got bags of character and if it does prove to be reliable I can see me keeping it for many years.

Opinions ?

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm keeping mine, its a Mk1 classic in the making...

However, I would be tempted with the new beetle if I came into some money..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have no plans to change in the foreseeable future, say next 5-10 years. I hope by then electric cars at least become about equal in price, if not in range too... Right now the up matches my needs almost perfectly and uses about 20-30% less fuel than I've initially guessed it would need.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My Take Up may have to go soon as I acquire a company Passat next week (sniff...). The High Up is on a 3 year PCP and it will definitely be here until that expires in January 2016. I plan to get an Up GT then (but my wife wants a Beetle so there will be some negotiation at that point)

·
Registered
727 Posts
When's the GT going on sale""¦""¦""¦?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I cant see me wanting to change my up! I have planned when we start a family i will get something bigger poss a golf and keep the up! As a secondary car but for now 1 car is enough for mr and mrs itzben lol

Can I also add if the up! Gets written off or anything, I cant think of any other car I would like to replace it with other than another up! Its just the beas!! Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am downgrading my 4 year old MK6 Golf 1.6S to the Groove UP!, I've only done 25k miles in the Golf but have started a new job and will be doing a lot of miles short motorway & country roads, so fancied a nippy little car with better mpg. I have found the 1.6 FSI engine to be sluggish & thirsty even when trying to be eco friendly on long journeys driving like an old man best i've managed is 52mpg. average normal driving gives around 30-35mpg.

hopefully I can get double that out of my UP!, as well as saving on tax & insurance. After 3 years I can either clear the finance with final payment or swap. But I will be keeping the car for a minimum 3 years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought my up with long term ownership in mind. I think of it as being like a future classic, especially the Mk1 models that we're driving now. I can't imagine such a clean and original design being improved upon with future updates and face-lifts, at least from a visual standpoint.

It was a dramatic downsize for me but definitely no downgrade. Overall I'm very pleased with it and I love the design. It's just so unique. I've also literally cut my fuel bill in half, and it's the most fun car to drive that I've owned since I sold my mustang convertible.

I'd like to say I'll own it indefinitely. Realistically though it all depends on how well she holds up (no pun intended, haha!) over the years, and lifestyle and requirement changes.

However I might be swayed by the GT once they arrive, but that will depend on my impression driving it and the pricing. I'm afraid VW might ask stupidly high money for one here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm thinking of swapping mine for a gt when they come out and if i can get insurance, hopefully they won't be much more than the standard up! to insure :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm planning on keeping mine for at least 3 years aswell. At the minute, there's only the GT that could persuade me to upgrade. I absolutely love my little Up!

Matt

·
Registered
393 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
I'll be keeping mine for exactly 2 years, then trading in on the PCP for a GT.
Hi shakotan. I had also thought about doing the same, but I'll go and have a look and a test drive if possible when the GT arrives to see if I upgrade early or not. It all depends how much VW want for it and how much I can save up for a deposit.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
M4796P said:
shakotanVIP said:
I'll be keeping mine for exactly 2 years, then trading in on the PCP for a GT.
Hi shakotan. I had also thought about doing the same, but I'll go and have a look and a test drive if possible when the GT arrives to see if I upgrade early or not. It all depends how much VW want for it and how much I can save up for a deposit.

Matt

I only put a £500 deposit down on my PCP, I'm hoping that the difference between the actual valuation and the outstanding finance will be enough for a similar deposit on the GT. I've no real doubt it will be at least that, as the VW badge tends to depreciate much less than the Seat/Skoda.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I created a poll but now it's gone ?Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Are you playing with my mind ? Could have sworn you have already posted this question !!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts