Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Everyone,

This is my first time on a forum, but I was very excited to see so many new Up! Owners. I have bought a High Up! But recently changed the spec to inc sports pack, I was disappointed to know that I had to cancel my order and start again and wait for another build date!! Can someone fill me in on how long this process takes from ordering to collection, as I'm slightly confused..!!!

Cheers amanda

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well I think the average is around 3 months, however, I believe in some cases people have been told it could be a bit longer than that. I think someone else who has ordered more recently will be able to give you more of an idea :)

all I can say it is definatly worth the wait!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey there,

We ordered Sunday and we told a 12 weeks late - but MIGHT be sooner! But not to hold our breath! Can't tell you anything else tho sorry :) however, as much as I reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy can't wait, I know I'll end up having on a shiny new 62 reg which I'm more than happy with! Xxxx

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
hello and welcome Amanda

if you have a build date, then changing spec will delay things, I was lucky and managed to change just before I got a build date (added sensor pack)

I ordered 12/5/12 and have a build of wk 28 (9/7/12) but as can be seen from other posters, its a bit of a lottery and all could ghange again....whatever happens, I'm sure it will have been worth the wait !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, I won't hold my breath for an early September delivery then!! Atleast it will be a "62" plate tho....so excited :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you got yours..?? Which one and are you enjoying it?? :)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
no, not yet hoping to get it around end of July...its an UP! White with spare wheel, sound pack and sensor pack.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one..!! I can't wait..as I'm carless at the moment, I sold my Mini after 7 days a little premature I think..!! So it's walk/bus/biking to work..!! but on a positive note it's keeping me fit..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi alamanda, welcome to the forum. Can't really add to what the others say as it really does seem to be a lottery. I ordered 23 March and picked mine up on Monday, so about 12 1/2 weeks in total.

Fingers crossed you won't have to wait too long but as you say, at least you'll have the benefit of the 2013 build and a '62 plate

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Clowesa, its looking like 8 weeks from order to build then another 4 weeks to Delivery, if you're lucky!! I'll pencil mine in for end of September...Enjoy yours and let us know what you think so far, was it worth the wait???

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
You can see at the bottom of everyone of my post what I ordered, had mine for around 2 weeks, maybe 3.... Ive enjoyed it so much I cant remember when I picked her up now, definatly worth the wait!

and the forum helps time to fly by too!

·
Registered
956 Posts
alamanda said:
Thanks Clowesa, its looking like 8 weeks from order to build then another 4 weeks to Delivery, if you're lucky!! I'll pencil mine in for end of September...Enjoy yours and let us know what you think so far, was it worth the wait???

Without a doubt yes. I know I've only had him two days & done about 70 miles but I love everything about him. His looks (interior and exterior), the sunroof, his shape, his sound, the way he drives, the handling, the freaky BMT, the really quiet cabin, the solid build, the M&M...there's nothing I don't like.

Would definitely go through the wait all over again if I had to

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi and welcome
I was told on order I would have a 12 week wait, it was actually 8 weeks and 2 days

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Move Up! Sorry I don't think I explained myself very well..!! I had my mini for 2.5 years and it only took me 7 days to sell to the first to view her!! I was sad to see her go but i'm really excited about getting my candy white High Up! Because I sold her earlier than expected it has given me some free cash to spend on the Up! So I've added sports pack, sunroof, leather look seats and rear spoiler, so she should look absolutely fabulous when she arrives...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's reassuring to know ....thanks!! Are you enjoying yours??

·
Registered
432 Posts
Gotcha.
A friend of mine has a Mini. I think it's about a 2003 model. It's become a money pit now, but she can't afford to replace it. I've recommended an up! to her

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, mini's do start to become expensive, mine was a 54 plate, just the car Tax alone costs £250 a year, so I'm really looking forward to the low costs of my new Up! but there is always someone who will buy a Mini, tell your friend to try AutoTrader to sell...they too can join the forum

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Amanda,
My April 15 ordered High UP! Should have been delivered on June 29 but now told end of July, maybe.
The salesman fixed a trade in price and said I could still sell privately but take care not to leave myself without a car.
Good luck with your order.Edited by: krojo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts