Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

On the 2nd March I paid a deposit for a High UP. Previously I'd ordered a High Up for my Mother, paid a 500GBP deposit and received an estimated build date by the end of the week.

For my UP, the salesman didn't return my calls so I went to see him on the 8th. He indicated that he still hadn't received an estimated delivery date or a number I could use to track my order.

Is this normal or am I being messed around?

I've paid a 1000GBP deposit so can't walk away.

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks.

BP.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well if the dealer can confirm the order is definitely in then the order number should follow within a couple of weeks. The dealers are desperate for good feedback, otherwise they lose the franchise - so remind him that his service directly relates to the feedback score you'll be giving.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi.Have just been .reading your difficulty of getting the order date ,you have the right to demand your deposit back ,if they mess you around like that ,my argument would be ,lack of communication ,you shouldn't have to go back .to check the build date .in the first place .the sales man .you so call ,they are only puppets ,you go back to the dealer and ask for answers ,regarding the car in question . And if your not happy demand your deposit back from the manager .if no joy ask to se to se the top man himself .and explain your position.if you are having problems like that now .just think what it would be like if you had problems with the car well I wouldn't like to think ,I definite would change dealers with out delay remember you have worked hard for your money ,they should work hard for you ,,,,',,regards phill good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
We ordered a High Up! on the 19th of January and are due to collect it on the 23rd of this month.

Our sales man at Ingram VW gave us a rough date when we ordered it. Think they have a 8 -10 week build time.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mike A said:
We ordered a High Up! on the 19th of January and are due to collect it on the 23rd of this month.

Our sales man at Ingram VW gave us a rough date when we ordered it. Think they have a 8 -10 week build time.

Ingram ..ayr??? top dealer, (mine)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes Ingram Ayr, dealer on this side refused to move on price so travelled to Ayr.

lookinhg forward to the 23rd

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered mine 1st Feb, was checking on web page from time to time. Took 2 weeks for an estimated build date of week commencing 9th March.

When I looked today it was updated to say car built and left factory...... Never saw it say in build.

Havent a clue when it will arrive, hope early April.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to report that the dealer finally supplied me with an order number. That's two weeks after placing the order. The VW tracking system shows that it with the factory waiting a build date. I'll report when I get a build date and what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts