Up Owners Club banner

381 - 400 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
VW only shifted around 2500 cars in total, here in the Uk, so if only a small percentage of those cars were specified with the Panoramic roof, thats no reason to drop it from the new options list.
Of course it’s a reason! If I owned a restaurant and had sea bass on the menu but no-one ordered it, I wouldn’t keep it on the menu and keep on buying it just on the off chance that someone came in and chose it. And we’re not just taking about the GTI here, it’s been removed as an option from all models. It just wasn’t popular enough to warrant continuing. Simple business decision.

·
Banned
645 Posts
I might be persuaded to get rid of my Gti, for a BiPosto Record Abarth.
Had a test drive in one, the same time as I bought my Competizione.

No car of similar size, can compare with that thing, nothing comes close.

·
Registered
262 Posts

It's £37k.

At that size, as a track car, this is the choice and will eradicate it, and hold value:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think this thread can be closed now.

How many chances new up! Gti is coming?
Has been answered.

yes there is.

it’s more expensive.

Nothing really worth mentioning has changed. if anything they have removed one of the best options. (most expensive i might add)

It’s a great little car. I really like mine. But now a little over priced.

people will be better off if you want one buying a low mileage x demo or used.

anyways that’s enough from this thread for me.

enjoy.

·
Registered
980 Posts

New GR Yaris looks amazing, it will be miles better than any Abarth.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think this thread can be closed now.
Why? Yes, the conversation might have moved from the original question, but that’s all it is, conversation. If you don’t like it don’t read it, don’t contribute, and stop being a killjoy.

·
Banned
645 Posts
To finish everything off, i wonder what the total production Uk number will be for the Gti.
I just discovered that for some reason, the cars not for sale in Southern Ireland, just the Uk and Northern Ireland.
Up until March 2019, there were just a shade over 2000 examples registered for Uk roads.

Now its back in production, but at a much higher price, its quite possible less than 2500 cars in total will have made it to the Uk, making it one of the rarer Vw production models.
The last time i saw one, was way back in October, their very rare machines.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The new emissions regulations require testing the car with every option. This may be one reason the panoramic sun-roof has been dropped.

·
Banned
645 Posts
When a car manufacturer the size of VW, reduces option choice, and increases the asking price considerably, over an identical car sold previously, that sounds like the cost of production has gone up.

Options are just that, their there for customers to indulge themselves, and more often than not, do not add any long term value to a car.

The new cars on the road price,has gone through the roof, and there has to be a reason beyond VWs control, to justify the huge increase.

Why drop desirable options, their there to entice potential owners to spend more money, adding to VWs over all profits.

I think it's a combination of both production costs and trying to meet the much stricter emission targets.

Not meeting, or coming closer to the required 95Co2 standard, incurs a fine, for all car manufacturers, and items such as heavy Panoramic roofs, increase weight and increase Co2 as well.

The thing that I want to see happen, is for a streamlining and fairer second hand value of low mileage cars, whether this will happen is anyone's guess, but the new 2020 model does not differ at all to the previous mode, so second hand values should increase.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you search Auto Trader for cars for sale with a sunroof it returns 19 cars out of 1285, or roughly 1.5%. If that is representative of the number of cars on the road with them then it is no wonder they’re not continuing to offer it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Oh yes, now that i wouldn't mind having a go in. But from reading about the first couple of drives it might be a case of being too good and not that much fun.......
Early prototypes though, car won't even be on sale until mid way through next year.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Anyone had any joy getting the configurator to actually work?

·
Registered
605 Posts
381 - 400 of 481 Posts