Up Owners Club banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
The website isn’t great but if you’re using an Apple device the configurator app works pretty well, dunno if it’s available on on Android?
For me, it doesn't work at all for the GTI. I'm on a new 16" MacBook Pro running Brave/Safari and it doesn't work in either, and nothing on Safari on my iPhone XS.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The configurator is non operational.but all the prices are there to wince at.
I am really surprised at the large increase in prices for paintwork, there's no real justification for that, as Pure White is a paint used universally around other VWs.

My Pure White paint, has more than doubled in price, making my 3dr standard Pure White shockingly close to £16,500., that's an increase of £2000, Scary or what.

No longer will the 5dr model be the popular option, and add metallic paintwork, which itself has increased in price, plus the limited options, and you have a car that is worringly close to £17,500

The Up Gti will find few if any buyers at these prices, and good secondhand examples will only become more in demand for customers wanting one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The configurator is non operational.but all the prices are there to wince at.
I am really surprised at the large increase in prices for paintwork, there's no real justification for that, as Pure White is a paint used universally around other VWs.

My Pure White paint, has more than doubled in price, making my 3dr standard Pure White shockingly close to £16,500., that's an increase of £2000, Scary or what.

No longer will the 5dr model be the popular option, and add metallic paintwork, which itself has increased in price, plus the limited options, and you have a car that is worringly close to £17,500
Where are you seeing this? All I can do is configure a base model up! Pure White is £345 (was £270 on the GTI at launch) and metallics are £550 (were £650).

ETA, sorry looked back on a few quotes I got and metallic was £520, I was thinking it was £650 because I also had the black roof specced. Is £30 a large increase, not really, but I guess it all adds up.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you click the download buttons on the main VW website, it clearly displays the listed prices for each model.
When you peep at the Gti, it has pop down boxes to show its specification and the usual refinement.

Click on the price list for each car, and lo and behold, there are the prices for only three options on the car.

Ive no idea why the configurator does not work, but adding up all the figurework, even the 3dr Gti has become one very expensive bit of kit.

Had i walked into Sytner VW last March, and been told how much my pocket rocket would have cost me, then i would have probably walked away.

£14,300 represents a great price for a very high quality warm hot hatch, £16,5000 would probably have put me off buying one.

The more i enjoy my GTi, the more i think i would have been willing to pay more for it, but i think its quite upsetting for potential new customers to think exactly the same car was for sale, less than a year ago, for considerably less money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems to me that the "new" UP GTI is clearly inferior to the "old" UP GTI on the basis of lack of options and crucially, value for money at the new price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve screenshot most of what can be seen on the configurator app, i’ll post them one by one, hopefully useful for someone? The only differences i can see are price (obvs) no sunroof and looks like distance sensor and airbag deactivate is standard?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ouch... £17,755...
Thats for a 3dr door not a 5 door,no sunroof,no city braking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just spec'd my exact spec into the "new" gti configurator and its coming out at £17,190.

I paid £15,000 cash for mine in June.

So have we established that the only change is a visual change to the badge? no engine change? no interior change?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Is that the GTi badge on the rear glass panel.
If it is, then I may be tempted to update mine.

What have VW done, ? , knowing VW, a replacement original will not be cheap.

401 - 420 of 445 Posts