Up Owners Club banner

421 - 440 of 481 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
Is that the GTi badge on the rear glass panel.
If it is, then I may be tempted to update mine.

What have VW done, ? , knowing VW, a replacement original will not be cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts

sorry im unsure what you mean, Gti is already on the back of all UP GTi's?

Heres the configurators rear

·
Banned
645 Posts

Visual change to the badge? Which one, the grille badge or the one on the rear.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Visual change to the badge? Which one, the grille badge or the one on the rear.
VW have recently updated the “VW” branding to a slimmer font, you can see the the subtle difference in this video:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well, l for one am pleased that VW have re-introduced the Up GTi.
Sure, the price is too high but l expect that the usual discounts will be available.
I called my local VW dealer pretending to be interested in ordering one and straightaway l was offered an order for £14,500 which is around 10% discount.
And that’s without even negotiating.

l tried a couple of the online car discount ordering sites but they don’t currently offer the GTi.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Well, l for one am pleased that VW have re-introduced the Up GTi.
Sure, the price is too high but l expect that the usual discounts will be available.
I called my local VW dealer pretending to be interested in ordering one and straightaway l was offered an order for £14,500 which is around 10% discount.
And that’s without even negotiating.

l tried a couple of the online car discount ordering sites but they don’t currently offer the GTi.
Still too much, they started at £13k when they first came out.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Configurator seems to be working now. Weird how Tornado Red is the standard, no cost colour, yet if you want it with a black roof it is £465.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow I just bought, in Dec 2019, a black 5 door with cruise and park, 3 months old, 3k on the clock from a VW main dealer for £13,500, just popped the same spec into the configurator and it came out at £17,275...glad I didn't wait ;)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Wow I just bought, in Dec 2019, a black 5 door with cruise and park, 3 months old, 3k on the clock from a VW main dealer for £13,500, just popped the same spec into the configurator and it came out at £17,275...glad I didn't wait ;)
£13.5k sounds a bit rich for a secondhand car (ex-demo I presume) that has done one thousand miles per month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
£13.5k sounds a bit rich for a secondhand car (ex-demo I presume) that has done one thousand miles per month.
I'd been looking for a while and found nothing on the market, near me, that was below £14k, so snapped this one up...still £2k of original list price

·
Registered
692 Posts
My brand new five door in June 2019 in white / black with cruise & park was £14250, with mudflaps, boot tidy, and all the smaller goodies thrown in. (Pens, Umbrella etc).
I fitted the front mudflaps as the dealer said it wasn't possible on a Gti because of the sill covers.......
Took me 45 mins a side rather than the 10 mins on a normal Up.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Just checked the new configurator, and one to the same spec as mine today would be £17190

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was hoping, with only 2.7k up GTi's on the road, that the resale values would be good, bit concerned now that they are bringing it back (albeit at an inflated cost, no doubt due to diesel gate).

I've just sold my MK6 Golf GTi, for good money, within hours of it being advertised, due in some part to the lack of them on the road...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I was hoping, with only 2.7k up GTi's on the road, that the resale values would be good, bit concerned now that they are bringing it back
If they bring them back in significant numbers then unfortunately the first variant prices will drop, it always happens that way in the car market.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If they bring them back in significant numbers then unfortunately the first variant prices will drop, it always happens that way in the car market.
indeed, shame for us all but then on a positive note, more people get to enjoy these little gems

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
indeed, shame for us all but then on a positive note, more people get to enjoy these little gems
Very true, and a good way to look at it.

The same just happened to my mx5, mid-life changes include a hike in power so the first gen price will drop. Not too fussed as i don't intend to get rid for a while and with the mods i've added it has more power then the latest anyway at lower revs.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The other (very big) positive for existing owners is that VW didn't make any changes to the car. I'd have hated for them to have added something that I thought was really desirable like better headlights, or seats, or proper dampers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very true, and a good way to look at it.

The same just happened to my mx5, mid-life changes include a hike in power so the first gen price will drop. Not too fussed as i don't intend to get rid for a while and with the mods i've added it has more power then the latest anyway at lower revs.
I've got a MK1 MX5, it's a G-Limited Japanese import, so mine's actually going up in value (slowly ;))

·
Registered
9 Posts
The other (very big) positive for existing owners is that VW didn't make any changes to the car. I'd have hated for them to have added something that I thought was really desirable like better headlights, or seats, or proper dampers.
Very good point, no new bits to pine after ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Said before and being purely selfish but I was quite happy VW stopped selling them and didn't want them to start again as love their rareness and seeing people wondering WTF I've got when they hear the Milltek non res and then the puzzled looks as they have never seen an Up GTI plus I've probably got the only Up GTI with a twin tailpipe in at least this country.

421 - 440 of 481 Posts