Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car insurance is up for renewal at the end of this month!
I am on a multi car policy with 2 other cars. With Admiral...
& they have quoted a ridiculous £2,650!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not paying that!
I passed my test in august 2011 and I am 18years old and a female.. however that is not an excuse for it being that expensive!
Have been with them since started driving, I had 1 accident where I was at fault... slid into a bush and a 'so called friend' claimed whiplash out of me :mad: must add the cow was fine!!
& I have also been in an accident where another driver was at fault so that shouldnt affect my insurance that was june 2012..... they was ovet taking a car and smash they went head on with my baby Lupo... this is when I got my UP! on finance :)

Any good and cheep insurance companys pleaaasse??
Recommendations?
Btw I have a red high up! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm with skoda insurance.
22 with 4 years NBC, no accidents, and no claims. £560 fully comp.

This is on a skoda citigo 75 greentech.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm 24 3 years ncb and with my fiancée who is 22 its £380 including legal cover.

I was rather happy with that

That's with First Central

·
Registered
430 Posts
Due to the UP having such a low insurance group it only costs me £140 per year for a high level of cover, I was paying nearly £300 for my previous Astra. I should point out I'm 48 with a good driving record.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Elfy said:
I'm 24 3 years ncb and with my fiancée who is 22 its £380 including legal cover.

Wow thats really cheap how long has you missus been driving? I've been getting quotes cheapest £540 ish thats with me 24 6 years driving 4years ncb and my wife 24 but only driving a year! I'm hoping when my insurance is due in July it will be cheaper because I'll be 25 7years driving 5years ncb and the missus 25 2 years driving and 2years ncb

·
Registered
233 Posts
Itzben said:
Elfy said:

Wow thats really cheap how long has you missus been driving? I've been getting quotes cheapest £540 ish thats with me 24 6 years driving 4years ncb and my wife 24 but only driving a year! I'm hoping when my insurance is due in July it will be cheaper because I'll be 25 7years driving 5years ncb and the missus 25 2 years driving and 2years ncb
I have been driving 7 years and fiancée for 5 years.

Elephant who I was with wanted £700, went on comparison site and first central were the cheapest at £380. No brainier really!

I hit 25 in 2 months so will hopefully, fingers crossed, go down.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
£160 6 points, 49 yrs, max NCB, wife.......£190, no points, max NCB 3 yrs older! go figure?????

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bekahb said:
I passed my test in august 2011 and I am 18years old and a female.. however that is not an excuse for it being that expensive!
Have been with them since started driving, I had 1 accident where I was at fault

The price seems cheap for an 18 year old with an at fault accident.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aviva have given a quote of 800 and something which is really good! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will have to look at first central thats good! :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
mine sets me back about £503, 26, 0 NCB, 1 fault claim almost 5 years back, driving 8 years. Very high level of cover, lots of great benefits too. Quite exclusive however as its with Police Mutual. Defo the cheapest I could find

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 25 with 5 years NCB and no points or accidents with quotemehappy and paying £270.

Remember the law changed meaning women don't get cheaper quotes than men anymore.

·
Registered
215 Posts
JayC said:
I'm 25 with 5 years NCB and no points or accidents with quotemehappy and paying £270.

Remember the law changed meaning women don't get cheaper quotes than men anymore.
wow thats good for a younger driver :D
i have been with Aviva for 4 years keep thinking i'll see and i'll change but they make me a great deal every yr, i stay
last year £220 for my old 14 yr 1 ltr polo
this year £240 for new UP and £20 off for on line renew then £10 off if renewed before 25 Jan
so i stayed again :D

Edited by: littleredcar

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just spoke to LV £180 per year if we put on alloys and tint windows £192 just have to call back and ask about a vinyl roof

·
Registered
176 Posts
LOL, sometimes it's better being older!

My quote was £126.00 Fully Comp, protected no claims, legal expenses and 1 other driver.

Even better was I took it out through Halifax at a time when they were offering £50.00 back for new customers starting with them. So, that is £76.00 !!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds as if insurance might be getting cheaper (for some people). Mine was £200 fully comp with legal and protected NCD and a named driver with claims against her.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts