Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the BMT version, you will be amused to know that it costs £10 to register your car to not pay the charge. What's more it's worth noting that you have to download the form, send it off in the post with a photocopy of your V5C and cheque and wait up to 10 working days before your registration is complete. Here's a link to the form. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/greener-vehicle-discount-application-form.pdfEdited by: yapmaul

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Whats a congestion charge.......I live in Gorgeous Rural ayrshire....mind you, petrol costs make up for it lol!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in lovely rural Norfolk, but I go to London a lot and I am determined to find an opportunity to drive through the centre of the city without paying. Only, before I can do that I have to pay! It's so unfair!

But seriously, I would have been annoyed if I'd needed to go in one day and only then discovered I had to do all that paperwork and wait two weeks. Even worse would be if you thought you had automatic exemption and just cruised through without realising. The fine is not pleasant!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Agreed. Ridiculous, when the DVLA database will tell them which cars are under 100g/Km anyway...
Another money-making racket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts