Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’ve just had a wee bump and wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea on the cost of repair. Thanks

I’ve no idea about these things so not sure wether to go through insurance or not (prefer not)

It’s a 2014 groove up. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
should be fairly simple to DIY. cemter bumper panel simply unclips and pops out, and headlights theres a few bolts but simple to take out and replace.

centre planel you are looking at about £40 for a new panel + paint, and the headlight can be picked up for about £30 second hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old post, but does anyone know if the front bumper needs to be removed to replace the centre bumper panel? The workshop manual says it has locking hooks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi there,
I'm not aware of anyone taking their front bumper off, and haven't done it myself. However, the version of the Workshop Manual that I have suggests all parts of the bumper can be separated only once the entire bumper is removed from the car: 'Can be released from locking hooks only after bumper cover has been removed'. Moving from the outermost layer inwards, these are called the cover (#10), the grille (#12), the trim (#13) and the spoiler (#15/26/27, depending on model):

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! A previous dealer drilled into the trim and since it's so cheap I'm going to swap it for a new piece.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome - glad you can put it back to its best face!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts