Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to investigate how to install speakers into the rear of my move up with the help of the guide already on this site.
However I have a love up so have split folding seats. I have moved the latches down so the sides of the backrest that are closest to the body are free however they are joined in the middle. I have taken the torx screw out however that doesn't seem to allow the middle out either.
Does anybody have any instructions on how to remove these seats?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's pretty simple to get the seats out, when you know how. I struggled the first time too.
If you undo the latches on either side, you're halfway there. You then need to lift the seat base up and undo the bolts in the centre holding the brackets down. As you look at the back of the seat from the boot, you have to undo the seatbelt catch on the left in order to remove the seat mounting point.
It's just a lift out then!
Hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I will go and have another play now.

I really should have googled it before I asked but I found this:http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/up/body/general_body_repairs_interior/seat_frames/rear_seats/removing_and_installing_bench_seat/individual_seats/
Should be of some help to a lot of people!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I tried to follow the instructions to remove the seat base, which as far as I can tell are simply pull upwards on the front of the seat base and then push to the rear of the car and then lift out. However pulling upwards on the seat base will not release the catches. Is there anything I am missing?It does look as if I might not need to remove the backrests however to get the side panel off which is a bonus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts