Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has removed an up! rear bumper yet? I want to fit a reversing sensor and it is a foil tape type that has to be fitted to the inside of the bumper. I chose it as it does not require holes to be drilled in the bumper. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Terry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Usually bumpers are just one of those jobs you just start undoing bolts and pulling until you find where its not moving and undo bolts there. I'd imagine there would be three at the top of the bumper and maybe one to three on the bottom. Normally you would have them on the arch liners as well but since the Up! doesn't have these there won't be any there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for your reply. I agree with you. I have in fact tried removing all the fasteners that I can see, but there seems to be some invisible fasteners on either corner, just under the lamp cluster and try as I may I cannot get it to release. It may just require brute force, but too much brute force rarely ends well. An exploded diagram would be most helpful.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You may need to take the rear lights out, I know in a mk4 golf you need to take the lights out and then there is a screw under them

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
If you get your bumper of can you check if there is a plug for the number plate light and could you do a how to..REMOVE REAR BUMPER

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts