Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

As some of you may already noticed, I'm a bit of carstereo, and car-electronic freak:-
I'm about to do a very serious audio install in my UP!, as I would like to have an extremely correct audio reproduction.

The first step in every carstereo-install, is to run the different wires through the car.
This series of pictures shows how to run the wires through the car, in the right manner.
You have to disassemble most of the car's interior, but when done there's plenty of room for the cable-run.

The pictures should show most of the process, but if any doubt, just ask....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love this thread! Thank you for uploading all those pictures!

Do you have any information about the needed speaker spacer/installation rings for the doors, maximum depth of speakers etc.?

I don't have the car yet, but I have two 8" 80W RMS active under-seat subwoofers (can't use the trunk for car audio because of the dog). I'm planning to buy new door speakers for all 4 doors, 4ch amp, speaker rings, power distribution blocks, dampening mats, cables etc. but I've been waiting so I can measure what I need for the doors regarding speaker depth and installation rings.

Again, thanks so much for uploading this. Keep the pictures coming in this and/or other threads :)

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stratcast: Thank you for your feedback.Will upload the speaker-change guide within 1 hour...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks this helps me a lot.
Ive removed the door card on my seat mii (up clone)
And have found 2 unused wires, which i need to use to pass 0 and 12 volts through, so i can fit
Electric window motor, hopefully i can rewire the loom socket that passes the wires from the body to the door,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very useful visual how-to. I did a similar install on my Jaguar XKR, but it was made a lot simpler because the battery is in the boot :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts