Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say bonnet rather than engine, because the Up’s engine doesn’t really need any sound proofing.

The bare-metal bonnet, however, sounds far too tinny for my tastes, and looks cheap.

I used Dynamat Xtreme as the base layer, and then cut out a 6mm thick piece of Dynaliner to fit the oval, using a simple paper template.

The bonnet now opens and closes with a satisfying thud, rather than a nasty clang.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I say bonnet rather than engine, because the Up’s engine doesn’t really need any sound proofing.

The bare-metal bonnet, however, sounds far too tinny for my tastes, and looks cheap.

I used Dynamat Xtreme as the base layer, and then cut out a 6mm thick piece of Dynaliner to fit the oval, using a simple paper template.

The bonnet now opens and closes with a satisfying thud, rather than a nasty clang.

thats actually a decent and subtle mod i will consider! makes the car feel less cheap and crap lol. good to know therea already a ready made mat to be easily installed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That looks very neat. I am surprised that the standard up!s don't have this. Mine is an e-up! and I assumed that no soundproofing there was to save weight & because its not needed for them. A bit mean of them not to include it for 'normal' versions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might order the OE pad as well (thanks for the part n°): the Dynamat I put on sticks to the bonnet and stops it 'clanging' when you shut it. I imagine (hope!) the OE part is slightly larger to completely fill the oval cut-out and maybe quietens the engine a little? I doubt it sticks to the metal and therefore won't give you the satisfying 'thud'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I foundation a place in Germany, that has the oem part, does anybody know if it comes with the needed screws? Or which part I need to order, to get the screws?

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes will fit as I have one on my 2015
Thanks a lot
I noticed that 2 holes (left and right in photo with red checks) are missing in my bonnet. All the others are exactly the same.
I wonder how would I mount the insulation there? May be glue it with something?
Do you have those holes in your bonnet? Please check the attached photo.
thanks

BONNET.jpg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just had a look at my wife's UP, and it has all of the holes as in the image, but my Seat Mii has those two holes missing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts