1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
432 Posts
I love that car (and also that use of the word 'already' for something that hasn't happened yet
)
I think the interpreter meant 110PS (= 81 KW) rather than 110 KW (= 150 PS!) which would REALLY be fast!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Like the exterior styling, not loving the interior.

Any noises about who much this will be in the uk yet?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Privatedoc said:

But it still only has drum brakes on the rear..!!

You can clearly see them at 2:25 into the video.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I thought I wanted one, but thinking about it, I don't think it's worth it... Like with my smart car, I didn't go for the Brabus, but the top model under that... I feel the same about this... It looks cool, but the uplift in insurance etc just doesn't seem worth it to me. Also less MPG and higher road tax certainly!

·
Registered
235 Posts
The indications to the press are prices from c.£13,500

Yes it only has the potential to do 60mpg, the insurance will probably be Group 10 or so and it will cost £20 or £30 for road tax - but if a standard up! makes you smile - the GT up! will have you grinning permanently from ear to ear.

It won't be for everyone, of course, but if we thought the wait for the standard cars was long, I don't think we've seen anything yet!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I really thought I would want the Up GT but, since I've been driving my 75bhp car, I'm not so sure. My current car has all the performance I need and is really comfortable, even for longer journeys. I think I would be tempted, all too frequently, to drive in a less than 'sensible' manner in the GT and this model would not be such good value for money, as others have mentioned.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Oooooh! The mirror looks different!

Bet that will be closer to £16k than 13.5K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts