Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was it with 8 miles on it:

Teaser by ThatAdamHamill, on Flickr

And this was it with just under 700 miles on it:

One car, Two pussies by ThatAdamHamill, on Flickr

I love hydraulics!

New wheels and tires are needed because the front arches are sitting on the tires and pushing them out... also I keep trying to drive low and cant make it around sharp corners because I cant turn.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks lower than air! Where did you get them from? I had hydro's on my last car! Are the lines drilled through the boot floor?

Alex

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Peden over here in Northern Ireland, great man for air/hydraulics, builds all the components himself.
and yeah, I think its 7 holes all together were drilled

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd love to move away from coilovers but I simply can't lose any boot space. The pram just about fits in there as it is.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heartagram said:
I'd love to move away from coilovers but I simply can't lose any boot space. The pram just about fits in there as it is. 
I'll have to put a pic up of my install, no boot space losed at all! But the guy that done mine is very very good, an absolute pro so it might just be his work that's super tidy.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks really good, but can't you set the height so the arches don't sit on the tyres?

Also why drive it around that low if you can't steer, is it worth it if you end up whacking the sump or a wishbone on something???

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Andy T9 said:
Looks really good, but can't you set the height so the arches don't sit on the tyres?

Also why drive it around that low if you can't steer, is it worth it if you end up whacking the sump or a wishbone on something???

It's on hydraulics, that's it's 'parked' height. It'll be a good 2/3" higher at least in 'driving' mode.

·
Registered
309 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Andy T9 said:

It's on hydraulics, that's it's 'parked' height. It'll be a good 2/3" higher at least in 'driving' mode.
Yeah I know its on hydraulics, I know there's different height settings.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy T9 said:

When I said I couldnt steer I meant full lock, I could still steer and that was with standard tires on i've changed them now :) but yes, driving low is worth it! love the feeling when my subframe kisses the floor.... when it bangs the floor, not the best of feelings but still worth it!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
Heartagram said:
I'll have to put a pic up of my install, no boot space losed at all! But the guy that done mine is very very good, an absolute pro so it might just be his work that's super tidy.
I'm guessing if you've retained most boot space, that its a single pump 12v system? In the spare wheel well?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shakotanVIP said:
Lambo-27 said:
Heartagram said:
I'm guessing if you've retained most boot space, that its a single pump 12v system? In the spare wheel well?
Yeah basically :)

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
minior said:
LOVE IT :)

well done

and I love white color :)

Thanks man! but its light blue :)
To be fair the light blue is so light, you really don't spot it until you have something else thats really white to highlight the difference.

Parked next to a Candy White up, the blue REALLY looks blue, but on its own its not so hard to tell in a photo.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cummon get some pics of this install!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts