Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Adam my eyes could stare and stare at Your Up.

You have choose perfect color, rim and lowering technique.

I would like to upgrade with the same hydro, but in my country all suspension parts must be certified (not individually made). Like the hydro, because of really bad roads here - with factory sport suspension I'm already scratching the ground

I bet the ride on hydro is also softer (riding standard ground clearance) than sport suspension.

Ps. Your photographer skills are also pretty good!

keep on good work!

thx from me.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Adam, Looking Great.....the ability to snow/leaf plough is neat too

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair enough, yeah it hadn't been washed in a couple of weeks when those photo were took.

Hmm im not a fan of vinyl'd wings, prefer the "clean oem look" but appreciate the suggestion :)

Got it back from the interior modifications the other day, took some pics, this is immediately after getting it back hence a little dusty still!

DSC_9664 by ThatAdamHamill, on Flickr

DSC_9665 by ThatAdamHamill, on Flickr

DSC_9668 by ThatAdamHamill, on Flickr

DSC_9670 by ThatAdamHamill, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Where did the back seats go?Have you now got a two seater?

Either way, looks very well done.
Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Privatedoc said:

The back seats are in my garage now lol

Yeah, two seater one litre race car

Thanks man!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't been on here in so long, so much as happened with the car!

Then I sold those wheels, started building another set but they weren't going to be ready for a show I wanted to attended so had to buy a different set for that show:

Those are now sold and I'm still building the other set, nearly done and they should be spectacular :)

Also have some corbeau bucket seats coming for the car, have my momo steering wheel with snap off, luke harnesses coming, just looking a rear strut brace made up if anyone can help!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Adam, your modding skills remain amazing.....shows just how far you can take our little up's .... well done mate!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Privatedoc said:
Adam, your modding skills remain amazing.....shows just how far you can take our little up's .... well done mate!

Thank you! but all i'll say is watch this space ;)

Edited by: Lambo-27

·
Read Only
110 Posts
With a name like Lambo-27, you just have to get Lambo doors surely? or at least the hinges moved to the A pillar.
I'd like to see someone blend in the panel gap at the base of the A pillar, move the side indicators to the headlight and blend in the hole left behind, get rid of the door handles completely and go for the remote control popout doors, get rid of the finger pull hole for the fuel cap, and have see through back illuminated number plates.
You can see I like the slick minimalist look.
But then just go crazy on the inside, real crazy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jimv50 said:
With a name like Lambo-27, you just have to get Lambo doors surely? or at least the hinges moved to the A pillar.
I'd like to see someone blend in the panel gap at the base of the A pillar, move the side indicators to the headlight and blend in the hole left behind, get rid of the door handles completely and go for the remote control popout doors, get rid of the finger pull hole for the fuel cap, and have see through back illuminated number plates.
You can see I like the slick minimalist look.
But then just go crazy on the inside, real crazy.

I'd like to go full smooth too! but that makes it quite difficult to sell as a standard car when the time comes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
Privatedoc said:

Thanks man!
I'll forward this thread to barryboys.co.uk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am sure these are being stoked for my attention.

You do know removing the rear seats raises the cars Centre of Gravity and therefore makes the car lighter but handling worse.

However with enough removed it will take you into the Lotus Elise levels of low weight, Colin Chapman would be so proud.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jesus Christ this forum is full of boring people.

It's a VW UP! Purely for looks not racing, he doesn't care about centre if gravity or barryboys he isn't going stage 2 rallying in it. Saying about his handling, he's on hydro's it affects the handling anyway, I had them on my old car, ride is very hard.

I think if people don't appreciate the effort/work then don't say anything at all. Putting it on barryboys is a sad sad thing to do. Shows you have nothing better to do with your time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tom said:
Lambo-27 said:
Privatedoc said:

Thanks man!
I'll forward this thread to barryboys.co.uk

I dont understand that reference, but sure, haters make me famous :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Little up date:

Took out the standard front seats and put in corbeau bucket seats cause I like annoying forum members, have Luke harnesses too and a rear cross member.

If you're a retro wheel fanatic aswell as an Up! fanatic, prepare to be royally pi**ed off!

New wheels that I've been building for the last 8 months, centre lock BBS E55, 0" lip to annoy people even more :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts