Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

In my desperation to try to update my VW Up Garmin and understanding from the Garmin website I need to know the Garmin unit model number and after conversation with Garmin who wanted to access my computer remotely (!!!!!) and VW who sent me two links that didn't work I was very thrilled to come across this forum. Please please please can someone help me. I'm sure you're all super VW Up enthusiasts and will have come across this problem and be able to help me with instructions in plain and simple easy to follow steps
When I bought my 2016 VW High Up it was a couple of years old and my then iphone connected to the car fine. I have finally upgraded my phone and now the connectivity with my iphone 12 is sporadic to say the least! Super annoying! Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone help or shall I just go back to sitting in the corner crying?

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, my iPhone 12 works perfectly with my garmin maps and more (touch wood). There is no more support for these devices from garmin or vw, don’t bother trying it’ll get you nowhere.

things I would try

Clean all connectors on the cradle for the garmin and the car. It shouldn’t make a difference but it maybe that its the connection to the cars system that’s playing up and not the unit.
Delete the Bluetooth connection on the garmin unit and connect the phone from fresh
Completely reset the device so it’s as a new device following instructions you can find online
If it’s still playing up buy a new device. It’s not worth pulling your hair out for the sake of £75 off eBay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts