Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a call from the Redditch dealer this morning about 11.30 my car had arrived at the garage .....BUT he said with a sad voice ....im afraid its got all the wrong interior and dash....... but it is red !!!!!
WHY ME !!!!!
it's turned up at the dealers with
GrainedCornsilk/ cornsilk dash and structure cloth/ black denmim seats

I wanted Black pearl/anthracite dash and structure/ anthracite seats

IM PISSED OFF TO SAY THE LEAST !!!!!!!!

not sure what will happen now as dealer going to ring me in the morning but i will not accept this it is not what i wanted !!!!

I WANT TO SCREAM !!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That's terrible news. My dash turned up wrong, it was black and I had ordered red. As I liked the black, I decided to keep it. It sounds like yours is completely wrong! They should let you keep it until a new car arrives! It's the least they can do.

·
Registered
421 Posts
How wrong can you get, really sorry for you - hope you manage to sort it, have you been to have a look at it?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh no Littleredcar. That's such a shame.

I am so sorry.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
1k£ discount might make it bearable , IMHO reject it, order a new one but insist on a free car til it comes

·
Registered
956 Posts
Oh littleredcar, that's just so awful, I can't believe they could make such a huge mistake with the interior.

I really don't blame you for not accepting it, although it may be worth a look, JUST in case you end up lucky like Alex and end up loving what they've done.

I really hope you get it sorted soon and you definitely deserve some compo for the cockup!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
So sorry littleredcar! I, like Alex, ordered a red Up with red dash but got a black one. I have also decided to keep it asI like it nowand I dont want them messing with my car to change it! I was so upset and angry but they did give me the option to reorder - couldnt be bothered waiting again. Might be worth seeing what the car looks like and if you dont like it re-order but keep that one till your new one is delivered!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Gutted for you!

No can't think of anything more to say.........

Just gutted

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all , i have not seen it as yet but i did ask the salesman to take pics and send them BUT ...guesss i was asking too much , no email as yet !!!i am expecting a call in the morning but not holding my breath ...!

i put a big deposit down too and i will be demanding that back as they reaping the interest off it and i dont think it can be changed as the whole dash is light in colour, i know the shiny dash inserts can be changed but the whole dash would wreck it !!!
its got the winter pack on the car, which ive ordered and its tornado redbut the interior totally wrong !!! bloody muppets at the factory, it obviously didnt get quality controled against the order otherwise it would of been picked up as wrong ???
i'm now wondering if my car has been took somewhere else and theres someone else shouting 'THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED ' dreams might come true

i will re-order and keep the wrong interior car untill i get my car with what i want inside
or get another vw if i can't get the UP.... MMmmm new scirocco

·
Registered
62 Posts
IMEthis is just as likely to be a dealer mistake than a factory error. I understand its annoying but these things happen from time to time. Look at it this way, if you reorder now at least you'll get a MY13 model.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mark said:
IMEthis is just as likely to be a dealer mistake than a factory error. I understand its annoying but these things happen from time to time. Look at it this way, if you reorder now at least you'll get a MY13 model.
on my order form that they give me it clearly states :
structure Anthracite/Black pearl ...
HOW can i end up with Grained cornsilk/cornsilk dash and black demin seats ????

looking into what will happen as i speak

i ordered end of March ready for junebut NOW looking like it will be a new order!!!! Autumn/winter Mmmm great just in time for all the salt to be on the roads for the winter

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If you don't get satisfaction at dealer level, politely ask for regional sales director contact/VW UK contact....organ grinder rather than monkey!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the salesman peter said, that because my car had the winter pack added, all cars ordered by March , the winter pack seats came as Black demin, which therefore made the dash to be cornsilk ????? surely if you order structure anthracite you get that !!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Peter is talking pish.......tell him so and don't waste time at local level, elevate the complaint.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had up date ....manager rang from Redditch and said they will re-order my car but will be 8 to 10 wks
taking it to late August but then he said you might want to wait till 1st september to getnew numberplate !!!They giving me a Polo courtesty car untill then, which they will insure for 7 days, enough time to organise my own insurence and they giving me £1700 of my £2000 deposit back untill the cars ready...
They said they were very very sorry and take the blame for whats happened and will make sure that everything will be sorted out , as the prices have gone up in the UP range now and will still honour the price at 1st order in March ....hope to get afew things too like mats maybe other stuff too for the total inconvience ....
WHAT A BALLS UP , bunch of
lol

Edited by: littleredcar

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fair enough seems a reasonable compensation and I always admire folk for admitting they got it wrong.

The attitude should be: The answer is yes, now what's the question?

Result :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Good result.. You will be getting some free wear and tear on the polo at their expense, then a new car at the end if it. Just out of interest, have you put your spec through the website configuration to see if it allows your choice?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just sent me a e-mail....
Dear Miss Jones I am writing to confirm our discussion this morning by telephone. Redditch Volkswagen have taken delivery of the vehicle which was ordered in March and it is the wrong specification of trim and dash fitment. For this, I would apologise. As we discussed it is very unusual but this does not make your situation any easier as it is your car it has happened to. As a result we will do the following: 1. Redditch Volkswagen will re-order another vehicle today which should arrive in 8 to 10 weeks which would be mid to late August2. We would recommend that you wait to take delivery of the new car until 1<sup>st</sup> September 2012 on the basis that you would have the new ""˜62' plate3. A Polo courtesy car will be supplied up until this point which we will place on 7 day insurance but would ask that you insure for the remaining period i.e. up to the expected delivery date of 1/9/2012 (Peter Coates will call you with the courtesy car details today for insurance purposes)4. I will ask that £1750 of your deposit be refunded to your bank account leaving a £250 deposit in place. We will then be in touch in late August to have the £1750 moved back to Redditch Volkswagen5. Peter Coates will re-propose the finance to start from the new expected delivery date of 1<sup>st</sup> September 20126. You have a price guarantee until the new car is delivered I will be in the dealership tomorrow (Saturday) if you wish to come in to speak with me. Regards

<table cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td vAlign="top" width="300" align="left">

Nigel White

Finance Director
Trust Group UK</td></tr></t></table>Edited by: littleredcar

·
Registered
62 Posts
littleredcar said:
mark said:
on my order form that they give me it clearly states :

structure Anthracite/Black pearl ...

HOW can i end up with Grained cornsilk/cornsilk dash and black demin seats ????

looking into what will happen as i speak

i ordered end of March ready for junebut NOW looking like it will be a new order!!!! Autumn/winter Mmmm great just in time for all the salt to be on the roads for the winter

what the salesperson writes/prints on your order form and what the sales manager/controller/admin orders are two different things.
Either way I hope you can get it sorted without anymore stress

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
as it started 'Dear Miss Jones' I immediately pictured a Rising Damp Rigsby-esque apology but having read the email, I think this is a pretty reasonable result...fair enough they got it wrong, are big enough to admit it and clearly want to keep your custom. they didn't NEED to provide the polo so good show to them! .......now, if only mine would come on an 8 week promise !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts