font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

OK so I was thinking the Up! was the best small VW had built
since the Lupo.

I get the impression I was wrong!

VW's cost cutting exercise

So the points of the Up! I was not expecting

<ul style="margin-top:0cm" ="disc"><li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">The
engine has been reported to not be as powerful as it should be in such a
small car<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">The
gearbox is not the standard VW one<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">There
is only one electric window button on the drivers side so you have to lean
over to operate the passenger window<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">No vanity
mirrors (ok I don't use them that much but the ladies I have in my car do)
<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">The boot
has massive amounts of paintwork showing (so your weekly shopping will
scrape along it <li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">The
Trip computer has only got one line so if you like a clock nothing else is
shown (If you forget or don't have time to put the maps and more up you get
no info)<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">Not
sure about this one but as I see it if you forget the maps and more screen
you don't have anything to go on when using the reversing sensors unless
you just get a beep and with no visual keys to see where you are near it
would be a bit useless<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">Maps
and More you have to remove it every time you get in or out of your car
this includes at a petrol station or when you stop to get a paper (bit of
a hassle or a smashed window)<li ="Msonormal" style="mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1;tab-stops:list 36.0pt">If
you spec it up well a High Up! Comes in at about 11500 (this includes a
lot of the packs) and a Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo with a 1.2 TSI 105 BHP is about
the same price with a near identical spec (currently you pay no VAT on new
Skoda's)[/list]

Ok so I have made the case for the prosecution. Please prove
me wrong as I do like the Up! But feel I would be better off with the Skoda.

Enjoy the debate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
All the above points observed. I used to have a 59 plated Toyota Aygo Blue. The Up feels considerably more substantial and robust. I have to confess some of the plastics are a little hard but the overall quality i believe is superb. A neat touch i like is when you use the think blue option on the maps screen for optimum gear changing, it comes up on the dash binacle as well. The night allumination is quality. I love the bloody thing !!!!!!!!!! And the icing on the cake, i rang my ins company and it hasn,t cost me a penny to change UP !!!! Excuse the pun !!

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you adopt this viewpoint you could argue you would be better off with a Ford Fiesta or poverty spec Polo. But your missing the point of the up! and the reason it is gauranteed to be such a success.

This model is designed to compete in an ever growing segment that currently lacks the class and quality associated to a VW group product. For this reason alone the up! is a revelation compared to some ageing competitors such as the C1.

You list some rather trivial points for which most owners would happily overlook, in balance to the great ownership prospect the up! offers. And consider that the Skoda is a much older design, I don't think i would be wrong in guessing which will be worth more in three years time.

Spend time with an up! and you soon see why it is the right car at the right time, for so many people of varied ages and social backgrounds who all see the merits of this brilliant little package. Couple that with the many awards it has heaped upon it and sadly your argument starts to look overshadowed and unfounded.

Enough said me thinks!

Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Registered
124 Posts
MarkyMark said:
If you adopt this viewpoint you could argue you would be better off with a Ford Fiesta or poverty spec Polo. But your missing the point of the up! and the reason it is gauranteed to be such a success.

This model is designed to compete in an ever growing segment that currently lacks the class and quality associated to a VW group product. For this reason alone the up! is a revelation compared to some ageing competitors such as the C1.

You list some rather trivial points for which most owners would happily overlook, in balance to the great ownership prospect the up! offers. And consider that the Skoda is a much older design, I don't think i would be wrong in guessing which will be worth more in three years time.

Spend time with an up! and you soon see why it is the right car at the right time, for so many people of varied ages and social backgrounds who all see the merits of this brilliant little package. Couple that with the many awards it has heaped upon it and sadly your argument starts to look overshadowed and unfounded.

Enough said me thinks!

BOOM!! HEADSHOT!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i think enough has been said...

just wanted to ask, why would you take maps and more out of car at petrol station? just lock the car, unless youre in a really rough area, doubt it would get taken in such a public place with so many cameras. or an i being nieve?

·
294 Posts
You are obviously going to get anopinionswayed towards the Up! from me too but I can back it up with a couple of facts;

The Up! is 5 star euro n-cap, the Fabia, 4.
The Up returns better MPG.
The Up is in a lower tax bracket
The Up is in a lower insurance bracket

The skoda is bigger though and may suit you more? Also the Monte Carlo is a limited edition and it looks like they've thrown a lot of different kit at it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan a more balanced opinion.
I knew I would get a few reply like this but as I put in the post I wanted someone to sway the balance towards the Up! as for quite a wile I have liked it but now the down sides are arriving.

The insurance is at max £7 pm difference.
The MPG is better than my current Polo (another reason for the hesitation with the Up! if I had a Fox the Up! would be a step up but with a Polo I feel it may be a like the gear box to the side and down)

I did not know about euro ncap 4 star for the skoda.

Edited by: cl coupe

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
what age polo do you have? im guessing its a cl? so slightly older? i have a polo cl openair 1.4, it is 12 years old, but the up! is definatly a step up from it.... exucse the pun, you just can get away from them on here!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I maybe wrong but would think the 75 bhp Up! would be equally as good if not better than the 1.2 in your polo due to it be smaller and lighter. You can see that vw have had to build the car to a price, but in my view I think they have 'saved' in the right areas. In its class I don't think it can be touched. Your polo will have nicer plastics but is more expensive. Best thing to do is to take it for a test drive. I did and loved it. Perhaps that might make your choice a little easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi there,

We researched so many cars to be in a good monthly payment options, tax band, congestion charge band, mpg, safety, space, etc.

The UP for us came in winner with the:
1.NCAP 5 star
2.City Emergency breaking
3.Around 80mpg with the bluemotion with this made it congestion charge free.
4.No Tax
5.Head room in the back for friends
6.Maps and More range of benefits (granted you need to take it with you but its slightly bigger than standard satnav's so one would do this anyway)
7.and a few more reasons.

Test drove the Take UP and High UP and loved the performance for money with the above points...

Not every car suits everyones precise needs but we reckon it is a fun bet! Good luck with your decision and choice.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
have a good test drive, dont think we are argueing with you for the sake of it, just think we all love the up, you need to make the final decisionlike we all did :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: the sensor pack - The Up I test drove had the sensor pack but the maps & more wasn't in yet, I only found out about the sensors when I reversed back into it's parking spot at the end of the drive - it was like a metal detector - beep beep beep beep beepbeepbeep! So definitely still useful even without the maps & more!

·
Registered
14 Posts
R1ch said:
I maybe wrong but would think the 75 bhp Up! would be equally as good if not better than the 1.2 in your polo due to it be smaller and lighter. You can see that vw have had to build the car to a price, but in my view I think they have 'saved' in the right areas. In its class I don't think it can be touched. Your polo will have nicer plastics but is more expensive. Best thing to do is to take it for a test drive. I did and loved it. Perhaps that might make your choice a little easier.
Yep a test drive has got to be the way to go.After test driving a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec and then a Hi Up the Hi Up was definitely the one for me. It was just a more fun place to be.

Harry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

<!-->

I have to agree with the OP.
I have owned over 30 VW's including 2 Lupo's. The Lupo was a vastly underrated car but suffered
in the UK from being too expensive, a problem VW might face with the UP once
the initial enthusiasm for its novelty wears off. The original Lupo was built in Wolfsberg, the
home of VW and it wasn't perfect but it charm would help you live with its
short comings, which to be fair were few.
The UP is being built in Slovakia so hopefully will be well screwed
together but anyone who knows anything about VW group cars knows that the best
built ones are the ones screwed together in Czech. The Czechs are rightly proud of Skoda and if
you actually drive one you will understand why.

As a historical footnote, Czechoslovakia was the most
technically developed auto producer prior to WW2. Even the much revered Porsche ""˜borrowed' the
design for the original Peoples Car from a Czech engineer called Ledwinka. The Germans had to pay substantial
reparations to the Czechoslovakian government in the 1960's because of this plagiarism. It's a shame most Skoda's look so utilitarian
(or ugly) but you can't have everything.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just thinks its great, for me low insurance,tax, good MPG and I just love it cause its a vw looks good and has everything you would need in an economical car to run.....vanity mirror ?? no worries at traffic lights just lean over and lokk in passenger side

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
buzlightyear said:
Should have ordered the Take up! - the Maps and Mores already been stolen!
you serious, youve already had it stolen? how why where? did you leave it in the car then?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts