Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently picked up a good old 1.0 MPI BMT 60 HP 5D from 2015.
I know that it's not meant for more horses, but I've got my hopes up, so does anyone in here know how I can get some extra horses on it?

I've been looking at stuff like new Cold Air Intakes, but I wanna see if anyone in here has previous experiences with tuning the UP and who would be willing to help me out!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Nothing you can do with "parts" that would be worthwhile, but you can get remapped to the full 75ps. The extra power above 4K rpm is worth it on the open road, if you need to overtake tractors. I know this....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing you can do with "parts" that would be worthwhile, but you can get remapped to the full 75ps. The extra power above 4K rpm is worth it on the open road, if you need to overtake tractors. I know this....
I was looking into Chip Tuning it too, but I'm just afraid of the local laws here in Denmark, since it has to be legally tested every 2 years and also every time it is modified, the problem here is that chip tuning programs have to be government approved and also TÜV approved afterwards, so it gets expensive fast afterwards, especially if it turns out illegal.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The 60ps and 75ps engines are the same, apart from the fact that the 60ps is slightly restricted by the ECU data. There is no turbo. There is persistent data - a byte or bit or a hash sequence - that cannot be hidden or altered, that defines whether the map has been changed or not....

In the UK, it's no big deal, so long as you tell your insurance company. I am not sure about UK law for road tax if you change the emissions rating by tuning... I also have no idea about what can be done in Denmark! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts