Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waited 8 weeks for my UP. Fell totally in love with it after 8 seconds. Obviously need to get out more and don't need much tempting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome. I have definitely become "sad" - stand at window idolising my UP - imagine I am not alone!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello and welcome. That's not sad at all, that's a really lucky person with a really special car. What's really sad is standing at the window looking at the place where my up! should be and wondering just when it's going to get here

Glad you're loving yours and as Leif said, there's no better way to get out more than in an up!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome to the forum!

please put some lovely pics up for us :) tell us more about what up exactly youve purchased....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sun is shining - will get the camera in action and post some photos of my WHITE HIGH UP with BLACK PEARL/ANTHRACITE dashboard and ANTHRACITE POLKA UPHOLSTERY. Very understated but oh! so elegant and scrummie and - is it right to be so totally in thrall to something metal and man-made?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel for you. Changed from a Fiat 500 and only had a short test drive in the UP before deciding to change to one. Hope yours arrives soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you really want to know what I thought of the Fiat? Loathed it from the day it came last September so the salesman must have been exceptionally good-looking!. Over-tyred with huge low=profiles, twitchy ride, seemed the car drove you rather than the other way around. I am quite small and could not push the door fully open without falling out of the car so have had a permanent bruise on my right shin-bone where the door would close before I could get out. Seats were not ergonomically designed, especially for a short-legged woman so I spent most of my driving time pushing myself back into the seat. My dog was claustrophobic on the back seat. More bells and whistles than any human could ever need and apart from that ...........and I am sure lots of people love the car.......

But I LOVE MY UP - everything about it from the ride to the seats, the gear change, the 'Look' etc. etc. and I have only owned it for 42 hours.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
DICKLEBIRD said:
Do you really want to know what I thought of the Fiat? Loathed it from the day it came last September so the salesman must have been exceptionally good-looking!. Over-tyred with huge low=profiles, twitchy ride, seemed the car drove you rather than the other way around. I am quite small and could not push the door fully open without falling out of the car so have had a permanent bruise on my right shin-bone where the door would close before I could get out. Seats were not ergonomically designed, especially for a short-legged woman so I spent most of my driving time pushing myself back into the seat. My dog was claustrophobic on the back seat. More bells and whistles than any human could ever need and apart from that ...........and I am sure lots of people love the car.......

But I LOVE MY UP - everything about it from the ride to the seats, the gear change, the 'Look' etc. etc. and I have only owned it for 42 hours.
Thanks. Oh dear, that does not sound good. Reviews do say it is twitchy, and I suppose most reviewers are tall(ish) men.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I must say the 500 was on my potential list also but other than cute looks It seems to fare poorly against the competition....in fact, if you must have a fiat, I reckon the panda is the better value choice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was also thinking of buying a 500 but,as mentioned in several reviews,the poor ride quality put me off. Also, Fiat dealerships...need I say more.

The ride quality in the Up is great and is the best of any car I have owned so far. The fit and finish are much better too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I so love my up which is a surprise, we got the up for me to use as a reliable daily commute after our 15 year old golf finally gave up on us and while the wife is paying off her finance on the golf convertible our plan was to have this till then. After that I could have my scirocco but I don't think I'm in such a hurry now and if they finally being out the GT I would get that next.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I must say the 500 was on my potential list also but other than cute looks It seems to fare poorly against the competition....in fact, if you must have a fiat, I reckon the panda is the better value choice.
A young colleague at work had a Panda, a very nice car indeed, well designed and pleasant to be in. Much like an Up really. But it's a Fiat so questions remain about QC, in my mind anyway.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Pablodark said:
I so love my up which is a surprise, we got the up for me to use as a reliable daily commute after our 15 year old golf finally gave up on us .
I've had my Up for almost three and a half years now, and I still like the little beast. It is a nice car, cheap to run, comfortable, 60mpg, cheap to insure (under £200 per year). The only fault I can find is that I would like more sound proofing. Oh, and an external lock on the passenger door.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Had a Grande Punto Abarth ss for 6 years as a second car. Hated the constant issues and find the UP much nicer car to own so far.

·
Registered
171 Posts
DICKLEBIRD said:
I appreciate this post is very old, but made me laugh - you would think from reading all the complaints and issues that someone forced the OP to buy the car at gunpoint?

Edited by: upmancotswolds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts