Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving out of Four Marks, an approaching black 5 door Up (Yorkshire reg I think) flashed, and then the driver waved. It always seem an odd thing to do, to flash a stranger because you drive the same car, but it made me smile, and I waved back. This is the only flasher I've met in over one year of ownership.

I don't s'pose it was someone on here?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I live not far up the road, in Farnham but 'twas not I - didn't drive the Up! today and anyhow mine's red and carries a Kent registration. Other than that, it could have been

Nick

·
Registered
397 Posts
Leif said:
It always seem an odd thing to do, to flash a stranger because you drive the same car, but it made me smile, and I waved back.
Maybe for the ladies (certainly my wife and daughters) it's something they wouldn't do. Instead they comment on what each other is wearing. The times I've been with my wife when another lady comments on what she is wearing or the bag she is carrying (as happened in Italy a few years ago - and the other lady was another nationality!) For the men, it's cars!

·
Registered
101 Posts
My dad used to flash in the camper and the beetle we had years ago - i just thought it was common practice. I used to flash in the Golfs and the Lupos - more often than not I would get a response. So far I've flashed once in the up but sadly nothing in return - it'll catch on eventually.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope it does catch on.
Really does put a extra big smile on my face when you do get flashed by like minded people.
I flash and get flashed in my 1971 beetle and i will be continuing this when i get my UP!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts