Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work as a sales exec for VW and love this car so much I opted out of the company car scheme and bought my own! Even though I work for VW I'm still anxiously awaiting for mine to arrive as I placed a factory order on the launch date (5th of March). It's currently @ UK port so hope for it to arrive next week. If I can be of any help with anything just let me know.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Great to hear and welcome from me
Maybe you can help me on two counts....first being the second remote key as I ordered in January and was under the assumption I got two keys as the brochure stated. Have you had many customers complain or get an additional key? And secondly why why why are the chrome mirror caps so excessively expensive!! I want them so much but just can't bring myself to pay that much for them

·
Registered
228 Posts
In terms of the brochure, specifically the comfort pack which states two keys and this pack in standard on the High up! and above. Detailed at the back of the A4 brochure

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regarding the first point Volkswagen originally said there would be 2 remote keys but later changed it to one and a normal key. On the brochures there is a disclaimer that specs can change at any time which is what happened with this situation. It makes things difficult for us guys too but it's out of our hands and happens on other cars that have been around a lot longer than the Up! With regards to the chrome mirror caps I haven't seen them in the official accessories brochure so wouldn't really like to comment on that one. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
655 Posts
A very corporate response that I understand!! Does seem a little like VW made a bit of a **** up! on this one. As for the mirrors they are £172 for a set...compare that to a premium product like MINI at £115 and suddenly the up! looks very over priced. A fair point me thinks most will agree with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does seem a tad steep but generally VW accessories are very good quality. Soon enough you'll be able to get cheaper ones on eBay but they won't be as good, remember buy cheap, pay twice!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the Mini has been around for 10 years now and they are a lot more "common" so the likelihood if them being cheaper than an accessory for a car that's been on the market 6 weeks is quite high. When supply and demand is higher prices might go down. It's generally the same when retro fitting items to cars that they are more expensive than the factory fit option. Get an Up!White or Black and they're standard!

·
Registered
655 Posts
True they are standard, but then you have to endure all the tacky logos on the seats and interior!! And the MINI accessories were infact only £90 back in 2001 when launched....so this isn't really a valid reason. If it was around this price for an up! as they are in Europe it would be a fair price. It seems madness to charge this when the entire sports pack for example is only £450.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha no that's because it is a premium product with cheaper accessories than a non premium up!
By definition of the up! and its price point, its accessories should reflect this, point proven!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would class the Up! as a premium product, it's a VW not a Vauxhall at the end of the day! Also if you want chrome mirrors buy an S or RS Audi where they belong in my humble opinion. Try asking your dealer for a bit of discount, it's not likely as even staff get very little but hey, if you don't ask...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Also nothing wrong with the up logo on the seats in the special models. It is like the BIG VW badge on the front - it is proud of what it is - VW obviously are!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am by no means droning, I am making a clear price comparison, having owned several MINI's. And any VW is 'premium' by comparison to other mainstream manufacturers, but it is not premium in the same sense as MINI or Audi for example. Case closed.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Banter is by no means a bad thing and should not be shunned...we are all here for the right reason and because the up! brought us together. Don't forget to place your vote on the colour post.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts