Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Last Tuesday I snagged a brand new up!White straight off the production line and am now waiting for it to arrive in the next 10 days from Slovakia.

Shopping around I quickly realised that there are just NO ups! about in dealers at the moment and it's a case of "snag the showroom car, the test drive car...or wait 4 months for a build" so feel quite lucky that there was a batch coming over in the next few weeks!

I am downsizing from an Alfa Romeo MiTo and can't wait to be spending less on petrol.

The build quality in the up! is incredible - even the glove box has a solid, quality feel.

The "thunk" of the doors and boots when you close them is fab!!!

I think the chrome details on the up! White just finish it off really well and the retro white/chrome alloys are gorgeous!

Hope to share a few waves with fellow up!pers in the next few weeks!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Thank you muchly! I enjoy forums like this - was a tear to leave my Alfa forum but I'm sure I'll settle quickly hehe

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi techwork and welcome. We downsized from a Skoda VRS for the same reasons -petrol, tax and insurance. Saved at least £200 just on tax/insurance and the Up! is averaging 55-60mpg compared to around 35mpg in the VRS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes so much sense - seems like a much bigger and more expensive car on the inside so I feel like there in no compromise!

·
Registered
119 Posts
our came off line last thursday so should get our up white about the same time and just a few miles apart :) can't wait

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeeey - maybe they'll be on the same transporter! Mine's going to JCT600 VW in York.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ours is vw knaresborough so is poss :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum. You've chosen a great car and lucky you for getting it so quickly.

I'm moving from a Toyota Aygo to the Move up! so won't see much difference in road tax/fuel consumption BUT the build quality of the Aygo doesn't come close. Mine's due in a few weeks & can't wait to get it.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome!

and well done for getting your up so quickly!! :)

post some photos when you get her :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recently sold my Alfa MiTo privately through Autotrader (got over £1000 more than I could've ever hoped for through part ex so I HIGHLY recommend this!!!) I told the sales person that I needed a car quickly so asked if there were any about / coming soon. They tried to sell me the showroom up! White but it had £2k worth of extras that I didn't need. They then checked incoming deliveries and told me that an up! White had been built and it'd take a few weeks to arrive. This was fine for me as I just wanted THAT spec and didn't want any extras as I think the White edition has plenty of spec for the money.

I wanted a bit of a discount but they made it clear that they couldn't offer too much as the car was SO in demand that they didn't need to. They did try to offer me things I just didn't want like one of the "boxes" of accessories that you can get for the car, and the white up! key cover. I went away to think about it and they emailed me the day later and said they'd shave a few hundred pounds off. I agreed and made the deposit over the phone.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I hope you enjoy your car when it arrives TechWork - I was in a similar position and was able to get a plain, vanilla Up White within four weeks of ordering. Any other model/specification would have been delivered in July.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts