Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
up black build week 16, they say it is still in the port of EMDEN . They have lost it or someone has taken for a spin.i said i was not happy then mentioned the two remote keys, he said he would see the manager. ps have sold my motorbike no transport after sat

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mine was week 16 and it's now at Grimsby, perhaps there are different ship dates depending on when during the week the car was finished.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh no !!! I was told last week mine was at Emden ?? I need it soon to visit relatives in Worcester, well Bewdley "drewdrew" let me know when you get yours perhaps we will be on the same ship ??

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
dont worry too much, its seeming that there is such a backlog of orders that it is taking a while for them to make their way from emden to the uk, hopefully itll be on one of the next boats!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Really not sure how this system works. Mine was a week 16 build and am due to collect mine from the dealer on Friday. Must be a complicated system. I hope the wait is soon over for those that are waiting.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine is build 16 as well, told today that I can expect delivery next Tuesday 15th May
I think the cars can appear to spend a couple of weeks awaiting a boat

But once built, it is an asset of VW's and they need to sell it as soon as possible
Edited by: kg149

·
Registered
956 Posts
Getting worried reading all this. Mine's build week 20 (next week) so is just about a twinkle in VW's eye at the minute. Hope it's on the first boat out after being built, I'm getting so impatient

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Clowesa

So yours is build week 20? My dealer is being very quiet about all this, can I ask when you ordered yours??

Getting quite excited about it all too hehehe

·
Registered
423 Posts
Also week 20. My dealer said it should arrive by early June, perhaps even end of this month.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
clowesa, as you know we ordered exactly the same day, mine is also week 20... I know the pain of the wait

however, whassup, i very much doubt youll have it by the end of the month, they say 3-4 weeks for delivery, so that takes us to at very earliest 4th june, i recon itll be more like 11th or maybe even later... we'll have to wait and see!

patience is a vertue...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, did not mean to worry you . it just seems that some cars gets across the north sea quicker then others. have not heard from my sales executive today but that is not unusual, will go down to listers the weekend. i will let you know how i got on [BUILD WEEK 16,17,18]

·
Registered
94 Posts
drewdrew said:
up black build week 16, they say it is still in the port of EMDEN . They have lost it or someone has taken for a spin.i said i was not happy then mentioned the two remote keys, he said he would see the manager. ps have sold my motorbike no transport after sat
Hi drewdrew. Not sure if you've heard anything since posting but my dealer called me today to let me knowthe statusof my up!Black.
According to him, VW carry out another quality control check at Emden so if you're are still waiting, perhaps they found a problem?
Your dealer should have/should be able to tell you if that is the case.
Wishing you some good news very soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
up black shipped yesterday fri 11. Talk to the manger this time more helpful,the ships do not sail until it is fully loaded my up was at the end of build week 16 so when my up got to EMDEN the ship had just sailed.Showed the manager the old brochure and pointed out two remote keys he then went to the back of the brochure and pointed out [ please note ] some illustrations in this brochure do not necessarily reflect uk specifications. i then said if i ordered the up black and you send me a take up in black would i have to accepted this. i am now getting two remote keys.

·
Registered
120 Posts
<< Talk to the manger this time more helpful,the ships do not sail until it is fully loaded my up was at the end of build week 16 so when my up got to EMDEN the ship had just sailed>>

I think that the salesmen just make it up as they go along.

The official press release for Emden (https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/pressemitteilungen/2011/03/15/The_Volkswagen_Plant_in_Emden.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html ) says

<<Ships leave the port for North America and Japan several times each week and consignments are shipped to Great Britain almost every day>>

If you look on Google Maps for the satellite images of the port you can see just how massive it is (search on Emden VW in Google Maps).

It is not just turn up at the docks and get on the ship !!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ozmosis said:
Hi Clowesa

So yours is build week 20? My dealer is being very quiet about all this, can I ask when you ordered yours??

Getting quite excited about it all too hehehe

Hi Ozmosis, sorry for the delay in replying. Ordered mine from Leeds VW on 23 March with an estimated delivery of 30 July. Two weeks in, dealer confirmed build week 20 with estimated delivery mid June. So, my baby's being built this week and I'm now getting really excited

1 - 19 of 19 Posts