Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us have had our ups for a few weeks or months now and I wonder if you have now arrived at your perfect spec - that you probably didn't buy!? For me, I bought a standard move up! If I had the money and the opportunity to re-order, I think I would go for the same again but specify the waffle alloys and the sensor pack. I wouldn't buy the High Up because I would be paying for things I didn't want like seat warmers and m&m. I think m&m is brilliant - but I have all the important stuff like sat nav and music on my iPhone - so it would seem like spending a load of money on a duplicate device. Also, the sensor pack would give me the computer side of things such average and instant fuel consumption. I love music - but like music to be quiet in a car - so I certainly wouldn't want any more speakers.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bought red, but sometimes I wish I had gone for an up black, or white. (Still love my red though)
My boss just bought a BMW X5.
For the price of that, he could have bought an up for each day of the week, and included all the road tax, and still have money spare.. Lol that would suit me, because I could choose the up colour that I fancied each day. Lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An X5 is the ultimate statement. It says I have so much money that the purchase price and running costs of my vehicle are of no concern to me whatsoever!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I love my Up! as it is, only option I would like but not available would be A/C although had no real need to use it yet. Perfect city car and prefer the Take Up!s matt textured finish to the dash, does not shop up finger marks or dust

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wish I ordered a sensor pack for my high up, however, the dealership messed up my order (not ordering the sports pack which I paid for) so they had to re-order the car and threw in the sensor pack for good measure.

So even though the waiting game starts once again, I get the sensor pack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
as mentioned in my introductory message I am driving a red high up since May (fortunately with a sensor pack). And with pleasure
Since I am getting a bit older and having difficulty in changing gears everytime I am passing a roundabout (there are in my environment e.g. in one road within 2 miles about 7 roundabouts) I made last week a test drive in a move up with automatic gear box. That experience made me to decide to change over to a dark blue move up (60 hp) with automatic gear box.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oubaasje said:
as mentioned in my introductory message I am driving a red high up since May (fortunately with a sensor pack). And with pleasure
Since I am getting a bit older and having difficulty in changing gears everytime I am passing a roundabout (there are in my environment e.g. in one road within 2 miles about 7 roundabouts) I made last week a test drive in a move up with automatic gear box. That experience made me to decide to change over to a dark blue move up (60 hp) with automatic gear box.
Well I didn't expect anyone to say they would trade down!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
wish I'd added the sunroof but couldn't justify the costs of 2 sunroofs (rooves?)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would have ordered the Flintstones-mod, which gives me awesome mileage and is carbon neutral! It is the same as the sunroof, only at the bottom of the car :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is there gong to be an up! with automatic gearbox? If so does anybody have any idea when or any other information about it? Too late for me now as I don't intend changing just for the sake of it, but I imagine it will be quite attractive to older people such as me. Or even the American market.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is the ASG not an auto 'box? Well, automated manual, or semi auto or whatever they call it these days, but it shifts for you right?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup, the ASG is available for Up!, Mii and CitiGo. Like Davec86 mentions, it is not a fully automatic DSG box, but it is a "electro-motorized" gearbox. I ordered my Mii Style Sport with the ASG 75hp option.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would be tempted to go for a red Take Up with the sensor pack the next time. The only 'down side' is that this model comes with the 60hp engine. Also, there is not a great choice of interior colours (red dashboard with the Cornsilk interior would be my choice if available).

In reality, I would probably go for a Red High Up to get that nice interior and the (slightly) more powerful engine. I would like to drive a 60hp car though, just to see if the 15hp drop makes much difference. Similarly, with the ASG box, I would really have to try it before pressing the buy button.

Edited by: luckyjimmy

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I may have ordered the sensor pack as the only change, purely to have prevented me from reversing into a bloody bollard yesterday and scratching my bloody bumper!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I love my up so much. I ordered it with the cream and red interior, as much as it looks awesome its very difficult to live with, the seats stain so much especially if its been raining and you get in the car with a wet jacket. Next up I'm getting I'm going for all black interior. I also wish I got the sun roof and the reverse sensors but money was tight when I was ordering my car. Can't wait till I get the chance to buy another one :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Craig200588 said:
I love my up so much. I ordered it with the cream and red interior, as much as it looks awesome its very difficult to live with, the seats stain so much especially if its been raining and you get in the car with a wet jacket. Next up I'm getting I'm going for all black interior. I also wish I got the sun roof and the reverse sensors but money was tight when I was ordering my car. Can't wait till I get the chance to buy another one :)
Same as me Craig. I had a tight budget and the standard move up with no extras was bang on the limit. Next time though........well I covered all that at the start of the thread!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey guys! I'm really happy with my up! The only thing I wish I ordered was the optional extra black gloss wheels, from what I gather they arn't black they are that cool grey colour I know the name but can't spell it lol

And as a add on, I would love a up white or the gt when it comes out! Edited by: Itzben

1 - 20 of 38 Posts