Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone first time poster.

Does anybody else with an Up have an ice cold draft from the passenger footwell? We own an Up we've had for a month and its been there since the beginning so is currently at the dealers!

·
Registered
325 Posts
No, can't say I've had this. In fact, the Up is the warmest car I've ever had. I guess it's the large glass area and relatively small cabin. I find myself sticking the A/C on at around 14C!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Umiamz the other reason you have to use the a/c at relatively low temps is the lack of face level vents in the car!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I keep the a/c permanently on and the fan-speed set to 1. It dehumidifies the air so it's good whether it's winter or summer. The owner's manual advises to do this.

·
Registered
333 Posts
mii al

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 12 hours 52 minutes ago at 5:08pm
Umiam the other reason you have to use the a/c at relatively low temps is the lack of face level vents in the car!!!
I disagree with you about the lack
Of face level vents .I think the car has been built to a high standard , there is not many cars around
The same value that has half the quality and talking about face vents how many do you want
There is quite enough vents that give good air boost to your body Regards phill

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bossphillip I am not faulting the build quality.
I am just saying that other cars have had the face vents in the centre as well as by the door. I find that the one driver's side vent gets blocked by the steering wheel & my hand, so using a/c on with airflow directed at screen cools the whole car nicely. Previous cars have been at least a supermini so I accept there will be differences.
My comment was meant to be an observation rather than a fault, it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, sorry if it didn't come out that way.

·
Registered
325 Posts
mii al said:
Umiamz the other reason you have to use the a/c at relatively low temps is the lack of face level vents in the car!!!

Yep, that's true - I miss the centre console vents.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Umiamz said:
Yep, that's true - I miss the centre console vents.
It does have 'em ""“ the grilly area behind the M+M ""“ they're just not adjustable. Nice & high so their output doesn't hit your hands, unlike the side ones ""“ but also not as strong a blast as the side ones can give.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Some times there are reasons why car manufactures change things around .you don't have you're air con on
Twenty four hours a day on do you . most cars with front vents for as you say your hands .I find in my
Audi when not used much blows out dust flys etc .and many times I have been on the motorway
And right in to my eyes nearly causing me to crash .and you only do it once .so just putting
A point across as to why they may of changed the layout I mostly just open the window
And hey presto wind cannot beat it and doesn't cost yet Regards Phill

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very poetic

But""¦
I mostly just open the window
It does, in increased drag hence fuel consumption ""“ my up!'s manual doesn't seem to address whether AC uses less additional fuel, but this page says windows round town, AC on the open road.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bossphillip wrote:

Very poetic

But""¦
I mostly just open the window
It does, in increased drag hence fuel consumption ""“ my up!'s manual doesn't seem to address whether AC uses less additional fuel, but this page says windows round town, AC on the open road.
Night Blue High up! BMT (ordered 24 April, collected 17 July 2013)

It's Obverse you have never had air con .I can see why you only get low mpg .most people I know
Are getting between 60 /65 very easy as you say it could be the wind dragging you back you
Should definitely get Moore mpg in the winter time.
Phill

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bossphillip said:
It's Obverse you have never had air con .
Yep, I do have AC.
I can see why you only get low mpg .most people I know
Are getting between 60 /65 very easy
I am a little disappointed with my (BMT) mpg relative to other up! owners. Maybe it's because virtually all my mileage is either at 70 (too fast) or round town (too stop-starty).

But almost 50 still isn't bad compared to non-up!pites

as you say it could be the wind dragging you back
Nope ""“ I never drive at speed with the windows open.
you
Should definitely get Moore mpg in the winter time.
Phill
Sadly not (as you can see if you click the mpg icon in my signature)
And I did have the AC off (and windows shut) virtually all winter.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Post Options
Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 55 minutes ago at 9:07pm
Bossphillip wrote:

It's Obverse you have never had air con .
Yep, I do have AC.
I can see why you only get low mpg .most people I know
Are getting between 60 /65 very easy
I am a little disappointed with my (BMT) mpg relative to other up! owners. Maybe it's because virtually all my mileage is either at 70 (too fast) or round town (too stop-starty).

But almost 50 still isn't bad compared to non-up!pites
as you say it could be the wind dragging you back
Nope ""“ I never drive at speed with the windows open.
you
Should definitely get Moore mpg in the winter time.Phill
Sadly not (as you can see if you click the mpg icon in my signature)And I did have the AC off (and windows shut) virtually all winter.
Night Blue High up! BMT (ordered 24 April, collected 17 July 2013)

You are a very annoying person, Obversely you haven't grown up. I cannot waste my time with such ..also when you have driving experience like I have. One thousand miles plus a week. Oh by the way, not motorway driving, city driving. Then I would hold my hands up. So no more school room talk, go and read your manual , or go and get driving lessons. Regards Bossphillip

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bossphillip said:
Then I would hold my hands up.
I genuinely
haven't grasped what has caused such offence, but please be assured that
I wasn't accusing you of anything!
I hope you've found in general that in fact it's a very friendly, welcoming place here.
(Re which, at the risk of being yet more annoying ;-), here's a wee reminder of the forum rules about material you post.)

Happy up!ping ""“ and welcome to the Club!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts