Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could change on small thing what would it be.
I know quite a few may say parcel shelf but lets be honest an easy mod if you wanted.

Mine personally would have been if only inner of thecentre console was designed a touch wider my Cd's would have fitted in there sitting over the cup holder :( .

whats your thoughts ????

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hmmm yes a 1 touch elec window would be handy. Erm I can't think of a serious niggle I can think of a few petty niggles but I'd be wasting my time listing them and tbh I don't mind lol o here's one I'd like a dab radio

·
Registered
176 Posts
2020mad said:
If you could change on small thing what would it be.
..........mine personally would have been if only inner of thecentre console was designed a touch wider my Cd's would have fitted in there sitting over the cup holder :( .

whats your thoughts ????

CD's?? Something tangible? What are they?

·
Registered
265 Posts
one touch electric windowslight in buttons in doors
controls for both windows in the driver side.
reading lights in the main lamp
parcel shelf strings
lights in the boot
steering wheel radio and phone controls
subwoofer

·
Registered
705 Posts
You're only supposed to be changing one thing!

Nick

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would only like better sound insulation so that I can listen to Pink Floyd without having to crank up volume to painful levels just to drown out engine and tire noise...

·
Registered
532 Posts
better sound from the stereo. The front doors are boomy and annoying.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The amount of tax I paid on the price of the car... It was the only depressing thing when I collected the car last Friday.... Edited by: Lee in Denmark

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wish the M+M wasn't such a big pile of crap. They should make it possible to put a phone specific cradle in place of the M+M and utilize the data/power pins in the dash, and then make an iOS/Android/Windows app that does the same.Navigon on my iPhone is a million times better than on their own hardware in the UP! If only some of the other features were available on my phone/iPad, I would trash the M+M unit.
It doesn't have to be as spacey as this, but the idea is more or less the same:http://www.bury-automotive.com/en/solutions-products/holder-systems.html

Other than that I would change the antenna. It's way to long.

Edited by: Toubro

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dont use CDs anymore! I've got Spotify on my phone! No need for CDs Better sound insulation and some kind of holding device for my phone!

·
Super Moderator
1,496 Posts
Rear screen. Due to them using glass for the entire tailgate, it's not the same as 'normal' window glass, and is ever-so slightly 'mottled' in appearance, so things that should be straight look a bit 'wibbly' through them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Toubro said:
I wish the M+M wasn't such a big pile of crap. They should make it possible to put a phone specific cradle in place of the M+M and utilize the data/power pins in the dash, and then make an iOS/Android/Windows app that does the same.Navigon on my iPhone is a million times better than on their own hardware in the UP! If only some of the other features were available on my phone/iPad, I would trash the M+M unit.
It doesn't have to be as spacey as this, but the idea is more or less the same: http://www.bury-automotive.com/en/solutions-products/holder-systems.html

Other than that I would change the antenna. It's way to long.
God I like the smart phone cradle! That's really smart and appeals massively to my "techie" side! I don't think that M+M is crappy at all. It can be a chore taking it out and putting it back in all the time though, and at least it's standard on most models. You only just about get a rev counter in a Toyota Aygo, so I'm happy with the M+M!
Going back to the original question, for me the speakers need an upgrade, and big time, and as part of that, 6 would be nice. Separate tweeters at the front and mid/bass in the doors. I've already fitted a 12" sub though and fitted my stubby ariel that I bought from Toyota for my Yaris. It fits a treat as it's a standard fitting for that ariel base.

·
Registered
604 Posts
a rear mounted cosworth 320BHP yeah

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lack of a window switch for the passenger side next to the driver. Its a pain if you want to raise or lower on a hot day (remember those)!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would make the speedometer more accurate. It always reads 5- 8km/hr fast , so I need to monitor the speed on the M&M instead so that I am not a traffic hazard

1 - 20 of 66 Posts