Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the order tracker updated this morning to tell me my build week is confirmed.

Fantastic I though but I can't actually find the build week number on the tracker page?

I plan to call my dealer but is it on there and I'm just being blind and stupid? Or will it update later on with a actual week number?

Thanks

GrantEdited by: Grant25

·
Registered
217 Posts
You have to ask the build week from dealer. The tracker will not tell you that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

Dealer has confirmed a week 45 build. Anyone else the same?

Look like I will be getting it before Christmas if all goes well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I have a SEAT Mii Sport confirmed for build week 45. It is expected to arrive at the dealer in week 48/49 and then in about a week they get all accessories fixed and license plate. Should be early December for us then ! (Fingers crossed)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finger crossed my dealer told me the same early December.

Mid December I'm driving to Paris so should be a nice run out to run her in. Lol

Can't wait

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, hadn't heard anything after ordering 6 weeks ago today, so popped in the dealersthis morning to ask whats happening.
Good news, we have got build week 45 as well. Haven't got a tracker number yet but am expecting
a call from dealer soon.
Dealer thinks late november or early december.
Better get the carport built.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Just a note ref the tracking number, your dealer would have had it from day one. As soon as they place the order, a number is generated. That's the one. It doesn't necessarily work in the tracker straight away though, it's a bit slow!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My week 42 build is already at the Dealers and I am picking it up early next week. The tracking number is on the order form and more detailed information of the whereabouts of your car is available from the Dealer or VW Customers Services. Hope the wait is not too long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Grant25 said:
Thanks for that.

Dealer has confirmed a week 45 build. Anyone else the same?

Look like I will be getting it before Christmas if all goes well.

Hi Grant25,

My dealer in Reading has confirmed build week 45 for me after there was a delay in the factory due to a Model Year 13 update.

They say the car should be built by mid-November and at the dealers by early-mid December for me to pick up.

Couple of weeks late from the original estimate but I'm sure I can stand another fortnight on the bus!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dealer said yesterday that my week 45 build should be ready to pick up week 50. Merry christmas.Hopefully they are giving themselves a bit of leeway and it will be earlier.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tracker has just updated my car is now in transit!!

Anyone else's 45 build updated yet?

Feel like a kid at Christmas even though it's still probably 4 weeks away.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh man, I really hope so! My car (SEAT Mii) is also scheduled to be built this week, but I can't track it anywhere myself. I so hope it is almost done too!My dealer told me that he expects it to arrive there in week 48/49 and then they need about a week to install allaccessories.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Brilliant! I wonder if the transit of these cars will be faster to the Netherlands, than to the UK. No water to cross, no boats, shorter distance... I'll keep you up to date when I hear anything!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
Yep i am build week 45 can now see on the tracker that it is in transit although my dealer can not give a build week delivery as it has to go to Germany first for inspection - this has been a long wait as i ordered 9 weeks ago and only got built this week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So been a week now since my up has been built, still in transit.

Called the dealer to see what he could tell me but got fobed off told me he knows nothing more then I do and all he can see what I can see so just keep track of it online.

So basically don't call me again and just sit and watch it online.

From what people have said on here the dealer can get access to a lot more information then we can down to even what ship its on. Not happy at all with how my order has been handled by the dealer. He hasn't called me once since I've placed my order all communication is from me calling him and that's only twice now.

Read on here that the dealers feedback form from when you collect your car effects their Christmas bonus. Fair to say my dealer can his kiss goodbye.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree, the dealers are not interested and they're not passionate about what they're selling once they have your order. Although the dealer did ring to say it's in transit and he'll call again when car is unloaded at Grimsby so we can complete the paperwork.My wife says I'm a vw saddo which is fair enough but just wish there was more feedback from my dealer.
They should be forced to read this forum as part of their training.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have to say that me dealer was excellent. He phoned every Tuesday pm whether there was anything new to report or not. Not once did I have to chase them up and the car arrived in 8 weeks not the estimated 12-16. Can't fault them - and no, I don't work for VW!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah suppose it depends what dealer you go to. Would think VW trains all salesman to give the same top class service but even then it's up to the individual to keep up to the standard they're trained too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
WK 45 build and has been in transit now for 12 days had an email from dealer stating at status 38 does anyone know what this means dealer stated it is awaiting shipment to the UK but I amunsure if it is on the dock or sitting elsewhere in Germany

1 - 20 of 48 Posts