Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only ordered my Move up! a week ago but it was already "in transit" at the time. Dealer told me that it should be here at the end of this week or mid next week. I'm curious how he could tell - I assume they have a more sophisticated tracking system than the one available to VW clients. I've been staring at the order tracker every day, checked the ships that go between Emden and UK... SO want it to turn to "Arrived in the UK".

If the dealer thinks it may arrive this week and tomorrow is my last chance, because City of Paris is the last ship to arrive this week at Port of Tyne.

I'm so impatient:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I feel your pain, and would be the same if it was me. I opted for one already in the UK which meant I only had just over a week to wait. I don't think my patience could have handled anything longer.

What is the spec of your Move Up! so I can keep an eye out for you on the roads of Edinburgh when you get your Up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White 5dr BMT Move up!Can't wait. City of Paris just moored at Port of Tyne. Fingers crossed it has my car onboard!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When the status of mine went to arrived in UK, i rang the dealer to ask him to put some sill protectors on it when it arrives on site, he said it had been on site two weeks.

Just to let you know the reason he hadn't rung was because we had already agreed i was taking delivery of it until 1/9.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the dealer today after your post, Upriche. I was wondering whether it got to UK, because vw tracking website comes up with an error after I put my order number in. It was fine till yesterday and this morning it stopped tracking it.

Anyway, they said that the car is in Emden waiting to be loaded on a ship either Monday or Tuesday:/

Edited by: Do_up

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well; my up! was in Wolfsburg and waited for a truck to be brought to Dortmund/Unna ...

Noticed my up! on the VW dealer service parking on a sunday ...
Tried to get it earlier but no chance - had to wait until next Friday ...

From order to delivery 11 weeks and 1 day ...

But fully satisfied in the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really annoyed - seller said they're sure the car will be here this friday. Lo and behold, I get a text on Tuesday from VW order tracking system that the car's only just reached Emden! I looked on this and other forums and some people had to wait another 20 days from stage 5b to handover! :/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Need to have some more patience I think!!

I ordered four weeks ago and I still have to wait another month or so for mine, but to get the exact spec I want this is a price well worth paying, and to be honest having to wait a little longer for a car than you expected? a prime example of what's now known as a 'first world problem'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts