Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a call at 5pm today - my Up! Black has landed in Blighty and will be with menext week. Happy days. The dealer will call me after the bank hol and confirm so all good to go. Filled a memory card with some kick-ass tunes and ready to rumble!!
Has Sensor Pack, Winter Pack, City Braking, Full Spare Wheel, Sports Suspension, Sound Pack.
Up Up and Away!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
it's going to be a long week for you but will be well worth it lucky beggar :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
You lucky devil!
Bit of Korn - Word up?

Appropriate and Kickass!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Korn are ok. I have Brigade, Fightstar, Sinch, Yashin, Alexisonfire and City and Colour for the Missus. Perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
lucky you!! tell us all about it when you receive your lovely new car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do defintely. I'm hoping for an improved dealer performance once I collect the car as so far they've been way below the expected. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
we feel the same , i get the impression if i was buying aGTI or R32 they would be more interested but because it,s bottom of the range there not bothered , I called our dealer a few time always got the not available with get him to call back , did once . If it wasn't for the fact we love the car we would of gone some where else
should be built this week could be now :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly how my dealers been. They said at the beginning they would update me throughout and never did. I had to call every 2 weeks and leave messages. Yesterday was the first time they've rung me so progress indeed! I'm looking forward to telling them I've sold my part ex privately and got £500 more than they were offering so I'll pay the deposit on my debit card.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had the call today - collecting Scrub on Saturday at 2pm. Hopefully all my liitle accessories (key fob, tax disc holder, air freshener) will have arrived by then. No biggie if they don't. I just wanna drrriivvvvvve!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
montys1 said:
That's exactly how my dealers been. They said at the beginning they would update me throughout and never did. I had to call every 2 weeks and leave messages. Yesterday was the first time they've rung me so progress indeed! I'm looking forward to telling them I've sold my part ex privately and got £500 more than they were offering so I'll pay the deposit on my debit card.

Exactly the same experience for me. Dealer was great at first and said he'd keep in touch with any updates but so far I've had to call him every time. Spoke to him on Sunday about the issue of the 2 remote keys & he said he'd have to speak to his manager & call me back on Tuesday. Still waiting to hear from him so will probably call him today & give him a piece of my mind. They also offered me a ridiculously low part ex on my old car so going to sell it privately & pay the deposit in cash instead.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So far I have also had to do the chasing, and have yet to
get a build date. I called in this week to add the full sized spare to the
order, the first thing they said was ""I am not sure we can do that as we have
placed the order with the factory""� I assured them that as it was not strictly
part of the build and some guy at the end of the production line would just
drop it in the boot I would have thought it would be possible (plus I would pay
cash for this addition so it did not alter the finance). After a long wait they
finally came out with the revised paperwork with the spare wheel added.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

It would appear that other VW dealers have just said ""yes
sir, no problem""� to requests for additions during production, I was made to
feel like I had screwed up their system and caused them more work!

The jury is still out on this dealer.
On
a positive note, the part-ex they offered was fair considering they won't get
the car until July at the earliest, it matched up with the Parkers and Glasses
guide valuations (for April) plus looking through Autotrader, dealers are
selling similar cars to mine for not much more than my PX price, so it's not
worth the hassle selling it private and then being without transport for a
couple of months.
Edited by: idletony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts