Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made today my first mods, some changes of the lights at the front.

Used items:

Indicator light before:

Indicator light afterwards (Philips Silver Vision):

Oem Osram H4 lights:

Bosch 90Plus H4 lights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gary,

Changingwas very easy.

I just used the manualand followed all the steps.

It was done within 15 minutes (all 4 of the lights).

No tools required.

And Gary, I would love to give you the oppertunity to make pictures of all the steps

Rense
Edited by: elcocheSEAT

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David M said:
Honest question: Why?

Are the ones it comes with crap or what?

Honest answer:I like them more !!!

In my humble opinion. I like the view of the front more with the silvervision indicator lights.

The plus90 is a safety issues. Test gave the beste results for this lamp. And due to experience with other upgraded lights (Philips Nightguide) I know that it differs a lot.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice! I think thats the first thing im going to get for our Up! some super bright headlights, sidelights and fogs :D will look shexy! Was getting into the headlight bulbs difficult?!?

·
Registered
55 Posts
elcocheSEAT said:
Honest answer:I like them more !!!

In my humble opinion. I like the view of the front more with the silvervision indicator lights.

The plus90 is a safety issues. Test gave the beste results for this lamp. And due to experience with other upgraded lights (Philips Nightguide) I know that it differs a lot.
Thank you! I shall think on this and consider doing the same to my Up!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Looks a subtle but much needed alteration. By any chance does anyone know about the bulb for the sidelights? I wondered what is the best solution to make this look less like candle lighting and more like the pure white light produced from day time running lights and xenons. Thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I too would like to know this, the DRL's on my Polo are so yellow its annoying! I was going to upgrade them but thought why bother if I'm getting a new car. If the side lights are on all the time I want good quality bright lights.

Im also going to as VW about changing the DRL's to run on the fog lights too, I think the VW Polo Bluemotion has this feature and think its a quick job for them .... if its possible!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi,
Do the silver vision indicator bulbs give the same light output when they are on?

I love the look of them.

Alex.

·
Registered
59 Posts
MarkyMark said:
Looks a subtle but much needed alteration. By any chance does anyone know about the bulb for the sidelights? I wondered what is the best solution to make this look less like candle lighting and more like the pure white light produced from day time running lights and xenons. Thanks!

im not sure what bulb it is but. this is what you want. it has a much clearer blue/white lights and cheap too :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1156-382-G18-Car-Tail-Brake-Turn-Signal-WHITE-9-LED-Light-Bulb-BA15S-P21W-DC-12V-/120866024963?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c242d2e03

·
Registered
677 Posts
My dads got a corse and he literally had to take out half the engine to get to the bumper just to change his headlight! On my smart ( the one issue I had with it ) there was two TINY wee vents that was the only access to the back of the lights, you had to do it all by hand cause you couldn't see, and you had to have girly skinny arms like myself to get the job done!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts