Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been changing my bulbs...headlights and drls noproblem, 5 minutes....however....I can't undo the indicator bulb holder.

I probably sound like a numpty, but the indicator and drl holders are the same yes?. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please because I can't turn it. Is there a clip or button?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hammer!!!!!

Sorry that was my Jeremy Clarkson mood

·
Registered
448 Posts
Scrubnut..there is a retaining clip that may need turning.Bulb holder has a catch on it for the indicator bulb.

Itzben....behave yourself...

Go well.Edited by: Night Owl

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Night Owl said:
Scrubnut..there is a retaining clip that may need turning.Bulb holder has a catch on it.

Itzben....behave yourself...

Go well.
Thanks.

I've followed the manual and it says just turn it....do you know where is the clip?

·
Registered
448 Posts
No...sorry. Not had to change mine yet.Page 261 says " step 4 " press the catch on the bulb holder.

Go well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks for all the info.....all the manuals say just turn it. I can't find anything about a clip but the socket feels really stiff. As I can't actually see it, I don't want to break anything....or get the chainsaw out!

·
Registered
448 Posts
See it says turn anti-clockwise.Just a thought.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I will try and remove mine tomorrow and get back to you.

Go well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Night Owl said:
I will try and remove mine tomorrow and get back to you.

Go well.
Thanks.

All the others are easy but these are a pain!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I might come back swearing though!! Lets see how I get on, Talk soon.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hmmmmmm....I have just spent the last hour trying to remove my front indicator bulb holders, and I can't.Drl's are easy but I have given up on the indicators for fear of breaking something. I certainly have not been able to turn them anticlockwise.

Guess it will have to be a trip to the dealer when the time comes. Very odd.

Go well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know it's not just me then

There are plenty of people on here who've changed them, so hopefully someone will tell us what we're doing wrong.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems that the socket is different to the drl one. It's got a lock on it which is why it won't turn. I'll have another look...trouble is I have to use a mirror to see it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nothing in the owners manual about a lock...but it certainly does feel different to the drl holder. I will do the same as you tomorrow with a mirror.

I am not a competitive person, but I don't like being thwarted by something as simple as this.

Go well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Can't help with this one. If I need a new bulb it will be a trip to the dealer or Halfords. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I needed a new bulb over the last twenty or thirty years. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have needed quite a few bulbs over the years...Beevee...but I am, at the moment, stumped on these front indicator holders, as to how to remove them.

A way will be found!

Go well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I must just have been lucky Night Owl. Most of my cars have been company ones kept for about three years and changed. Hope you find a way to get the bulb out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I changed my indicators this morning, for some Osram Diadem chrome ones..The holder was very stiff to turn.
anti-clockwise as in the manual.
their was a convenient ridge on the holder to place your thumb on as a leverage point.
push in slightly and apply the pressure..
turns less than a ¼ turn then its free.
Their is a rubber seal on the holder, it sounds as if it is binding on yours.. if you do get it free smear a bit of vasaline or silicon grease on it. should help if need to remove next time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts